Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2016, 04:27 PM

Last Friday's Date with Disaster(last day on the Costa

Some of you were aware that I was going on a date with a female ex-pat I'd met on the plane. I've had a couple of emails and messages asking how it went, so here goes.

The date proper was arranged for Friday night but as some friends and I had arranged a Friday afternoon at the villa I was staying in I invited her to this. My plan was to see how we got on in a relaxed, not so serious environment before investing(time) in a proper date later that evening.

The day went great, we got on very well and there appeared to be a mutual attraction, a good start.

I'll rewind a little at this point in an attempt to set the scene.
A couple of days earlier I'd met a couple of ladies through mutual friends at a party, my friends had told them of the planned date and how I was a tad nervous at the thought of going out with a total stranger.

Well, these ladies were so sweet, paying me compliments all evening(I did advise a visit to Spec-Savers) and it worked, my confidence needed a boost and it got one.

Fast forward to the date: I arrived at her home by taxi and we set off for a nice restaurant, at first it started off very well but, after a short while it seemed to fizzle out.....I was bored. She was shallow and the conversation rarely hit on topics that didn't involve her and if it did she brought it back around to her. At one point I swear I nodded off

After the meal I hinted at being tired, that I'd have to be up early and an early night was in order(it was about 22.30grs by now).

I ordered a taxi and headed for her home to drop her off. Upon our arrival she invited me in, said she'd run me home and to the airport if I wanted to stay...... I made my excuses and carried on with my journey........home? Nah, I knew of a get together at the local Irish bar.....was I tired? No, I'd lied

The get together was in full swing and I was soon into party mode, the drinks and laughter flowed and I soon found myself wedged between the two lovely ladies I mentioned earlier

After an hour or so I heard a voice shout "you bastard" sh*t, it was my date from hell......she continued with the tirade of abuse and pointed out "Ha, you're sat between two dykes, you're barking up the wrong tree, you bastid"

Now, I knew these two ladies were lesbians and that a few people in the bar were gay, not a problem....so I stood up, faced my two lady friends and shouted "what, you're gay? I thought you said you were Thespians" I then turned to my date from hell and said "I'm so sorry, I suppose a BJ is out of the question?" At which point I got a left hook and she stomped off.

I got a round of applause, a hug off my lady friends and the party continued.......what a great night I had and a lucky near miss
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2016, 04:50 PM

Re: Last Friday's Date with Disaster(last day on the Costa

Goodness me Tpin!
There's not a dull moment to be had in your life is there?!!!
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2016, 04:52 PM

I don't do dull.......not always by choice

I do attract nutcases, why? I don't know.

When there's a group of possibly 10-15 people and 5 are ex-squaddies it tends to be a bit mad.

Sensible and conforming are for grown-ups.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2016, 05:10 PM

I quite agree
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2016, 05:13 PM

sorry for laughing it just made such a funny picture in my mind ..
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK

28-03-2016, 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
I quite agree
How did I know that?
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK

28-03-2016, 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by Eliza ->
sorry for laughing it just made such a funny picture in my mind ..
That's quite alright.....it was hilarious and I did have a lucky escape......so it was a success
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales

28-03-2016, 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
How did I know that?
Because you're Psychic?

Or my reputation precedes me!

Or you recognise a fellow dafty when you see one!!
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK

28-03-2016, 05:29 PM

Definitely the 3rd
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2016, 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
I don't do dull.......not always by choice

I do attract nutcases, why? I don't know.

When there's a group of possibly 10-15 people and 5 are ex-squaddies it tends to be a bit mad.

Sensible and conforming are for grown-ups.

Why do I feel your story has been embellished a little, but still funny anyway.

Mind you, if you will go chatting up strange ladies on aeroplanes, that's what happens.
Never mind Tpin, you'll have to try again when you go back - it might be the love of your life next time.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top