Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Annabelle
Tasmania Australia
Annabelle is female 

28-06-2014, 07:30 AM

Re: I got very angry yesterday

I love dogs but when they misbehave it is usually the humans they belong to's fault.

I would have taken the photos and reported them as well.
ShirleyMarie
Michigan, USA
ShirleyMarie is female  ShirleyMarie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2014, 10:36 AM

Thank you all for your comments. My son is the clerk for the township and it is his park..that is he had the idea yo make it a park...he was out of town so a call to him would not help. He probably knows those women and has warned them. In this state there is a law that you cannot fill in or drain wet lands. The area where this park is is what is left of a square mile after Walmart and other stores built there shopping mall on the east side of the of the block...they filled and drained the mall area in exchange for creating a wet land to replace it. The land was then donated to the township. Rob had the idea to make it a nature reserve with a small area of playground and picnic area. It has a large pond of 50 acres and the small 8 acres that is home to the wild geese, sharing the pond with a remote control boat club. walking, jogging path goes around the perimiter of the park and connects with other paths. Both ponds have fishing docks for catch and release fishing, mainly for kids, ponds have lots of sunfish in them. Rob has done a lot of the work himself and spends most of his spare time there. He builds and sails his model boats there as head of the boat club. Swans nest in the big pond. It is a peaceful place most of the time...when he gets back from his trip on township business I will tell him about the dogs.
Myth and Magic
UK
Myth and Magic is female  Myth and Magic has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2014, 12:58 PM

Hi Shirley, I agree with all the remarks made about dogs, love them but I do feel that the owners should be trained to look after them properly. I think that all doggy people will agree with me that a trained dog is a happy dog, no cross words, no pointless nagging which leads to a happy relationship.

The point of your post that struck home with me, they parked next to you, is it the same everywhere? Why can they not park quietly some way away and leave you in peace to admire the geese?

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top