Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
ShirleyMarie
Michigan, USA
ShirleyMarie is female  ShirleyMarie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2014, 12:17 PM

I got very angry yesterday

I enjoy going to a small pond in a local park. Many birds visit that pond and I can park right beside it. I cannot walk any more, so parking there means a lot to me. Taking photos is my recreation, about the only thing I have fun at these days.
So, I was watching and taking photos of the geese, had my lunch with me too. For the first time the geese came right up to my car. THEN a ven came in and parked beside me and let out 4 black dogs, not Labs but mixed breed. At first the 2 women leashed the dogs but the dogs about pulled them head over heels so they turned the dogs loose. The women had a ball to play fetch with the dogs but dogs had other ideas and chased after the geese. I had no worries about the geese as I know they can take care of themselves pretty well. There are signs that dogs must be leashed but those are regularly ignored. I was very angry to have my day messed up like that. Would you be, or am I thinking wrong.

Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2014, 12:25 PM

Re: I got very angry yesterday

If dogs are supposed to be leashed then yes that is something to be angry about, I know my two like to chase the ducks and the swans so I keep them on leads around the lake, worries me they might catch one. Unleashed dogs are the bane of my life at the moment, trying to train Elsie to walk nicely when they rush up and interrupt us it breaks her concentration and we are back to square one again.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2014, 12:29 PM

Yep - I would be angry too - usually am when it comes to dumb, arrogant people !
Lovely pictures gal
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2014, 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
Yep - I would be angry too - usually am when it comes to dumb, arrogant people !
Lovely pictures gal

I agree with Patsy. Dogs should be kept on leads around livestock, any owner should know that. The fact that these dogs pulled the owners over says enough about the womens lack of control anyway.
Lovely photos, and a great pity you, and the geese, had the tranquillity ruined by selfish, stupid people.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2014, 12:46 PM

Shirley darlin' -= nice photos and yes I agree with the others - the dogs should have been kept on the leash, but equally I'm also looking at the geese and thinking roast goose.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2014, 12:52 PM

Boils my blood as i see this behaviour all the time, tunnel vision in dog walkers im afraid, personaly i would have photographed them and their van and number and reported them. Cant blame the dogs its the idiots that owns them.
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2014, 04:03 PM

Lovely pics - I would've felt the same, there are always people around who live by their own rules. I also think all dogs should be on leads in public places all the time....I am petrified of dogs, always have been, so this behaviour really gets my goat!!
Edited to add I'm not anti-dog but as well as their owners spoiling a lovely afternoon they really should remember those of us who are not so comfortable with dogs.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2014, 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
Boils my blood as i see this behaviour all the time, tunnel vision in dog walkers im afraid, personaly i would have photographed them and their van and number and reported them. Cant blame the dogs its the idiots that owns them.

I agree with that Nom.
lovemyboys
Chatterbox
Canada
lovemyboys is female  lovemyboys has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2014, 09:27 PM

I am in total agreement with everybody else. The dogs should've been leashed.
Alas, it's people like that who give the rest a bad name. Poor dogs have it bad these days.
I hope your next trip to the pond is not ruined.
And thank you for the beautiful pictures!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2014, 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by cranberry ->
Lovely pics - I would've felt the same, there are always people around who live by their own rules. I also think all dogs should be on leads in public places all the time....I am petrified of dogs, always have been, so this behaviour really gets my goat!!
Edited to add I'm not anti-dog but as well as their owners spoiling a lovely afternoon they really should remember those of us who are not so comfortable with dogs.
I have loads of sympathy for anyone afraid of dogs, I was almost phobic until I met and married my husband and he came home on my birthday with a puppy. I couldn't be scared of him and it was start of an obsession with dogs and we have always had at least 2-3 ever since. Big/small/medium love them all !

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top