Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Cassie
West Wales
Cassie is female  Cassie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2009, 02:07 AM

Re: What are you having for Christmas dinner?

Turkey here too I love boxing day dinner best, Turkey, mash, peas, stuffing, sausagemeat, and ooooooodles of cranberry sauce yum! All cold 'cept the mash.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2009, 03:39 AM

I'm inclined to agree there: cold chicken, stuffing and lots of home made cranberry sauce!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2009, 10:30 AM

Don't like birds of any description so organic pork which has been foraging around in the woodland will be on the menu here
Sweep
Kent UK
Sweep is female  Sweep has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2009, 11:26 AM

No traditional Christmas Dinner here....I am having just what I want as I am alone with my 4 dogs!
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2009, 03:12 PM

Now let me see, . . . . mince - nah, . . pork chops - nah, . . stovies - nah, . . hang on, . . . how about turkey, . . yay! . . and brussels (without mandelson) . . . roast tatties, . . carrots done in butter, . . mince pies with fresh cream, . . and a BIG dog guard so I get a chance to eat the lot.
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2009, 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by nero ->
Now let me see, . . . . mince - nah, . . pork chops - nah, . . stovies - nah, . . hang on, . . . how about turkey, . . yay! . . and brussels (without mandelson) . . . roast tatties, . . carrots done in butter, . . mince pies with fresh cream, . . and a BIG dog guard so I get a chance to eat the lot.
Good idea about the dog guard Nero, you don't want to let those Rotties of yours near your Christmas dinner if that birthday cake of theirs is anything to go by
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2009, 08:15 PM

We will be having the full Christmas turkey with all the trimmings but we wont be having it until Boxing Day or the day after (due to me being in hospital), but I shall enjoy it just the same. My thing is bread sauce, I just can't get enough of the stuff and I only have it at Christmas but I have a whole pint of it to myself, and I love redcurrant jelly (not the cranberry sauce).
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2009, 09:12 PM

At least here in the States the commercial cranberry sauce is more like jelly. Home made is much better, don't use additional pectin, and can add a little nutmeg and cinnamon, and use natural rather than white sugar. It's more like jam and what's left over (if any!) is lovely on scones or toast. It has to be sieved to get the right texture.
Lilacj
New Member!
South Wales, UK
Lilacj is female 

10-12-2009, 09:24 PM

I will be having my own version of mushroom stroganoff and my mum and hubbie will eat turkey.
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2009, 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by dandysmom ->
At least here in the States the commercial cranberry sauce is more like jelly. Home made is much better, don't use additional pectin, and can add a little nutmeg and cinnamon, and use natural rather than white sugar. It's more like jam and what's left over (if any!) is lovely on scones or toast. It has to be sieved to get the right texture.
I gave up on real Cranberries DM, you always get bits of skin and stalks in it, I use the jellies like Black Currant or Blackberries, Bramble jelly's quite good too and they taste as good as Cranberries.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top