Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
oldbugger
Fondly Remembered
Moray Coast, Scotland.
oldbugger is male  oldbugger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2012, 11:31 PM

What will the weekend bring I wonder...

I'm just sitting here in my recliner arm chair with a cigar and whiskey seeing another week off in style, with the coal fire crackling away as it burns out for the night.

What will my weekend bring? I mowed the lawn and weeded the flower beds today so I can't think of anything really.

I'll probably spend the first few hours of it reading my current thriller, just started it a few days ago and am loving it. It's by Robert Ludlum but don't ask me the title, I forget those small details!!

Goodnight folks.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2012, 11:38 PM

Re: What will the weekend bring I wonder...

More of the same I hope.
Goodnight oldbugger.
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2012, 11:54 PM

Not much during the day. But we have a wedding reception to attend in the evening.
Sunday, we are going to an antiques fair and then we are invited to our daughters' for a meal in the evening.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2012, 09:35 AM

Going to be a great weekend - weather forecasters tell us we're going to be visited by Tropical Storm 'Nadine' with torrential rain and gales force winds. As I sit here and type this we have wall-to-wall sunshine and not a cloud in the sky, but all that will, according to the forecasters, change later this evening and all tomorrow and Monday.
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2012, 09:40 AM

We had a ground frost this morning. The radiators came on but we too have wall to wall sunshine.
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2012, 11:09 AM

Good grief Geoff I hadn't heard about Nadine - good luck.
Our heating is left on all year round too Mall..at 15C..and our rads got warm this morning Enjoy your wedding reception
Sounds like a good start Jim..
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2012, 12:11 PM

Ours didnt come on as Joe turns them off at night, we didnt expect the frost at all, it is a bit early for frost but the sun is smiling on us.May go to sainsburyslater when Joe has finished putting a cat flap in for one of hie Ladies, all the single ladies call Joe to do jobs for them out of the kindness of his heart.We wont talk about that!
oldbugger
Fondly Remembered
Moray Coast, Scotland.
oldbugger is male  oldbugger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2012, 12:28 PM

Sounds like some of you are going to be doing more than I then.

I've racked my brains but just cannot think of anything to do rather than sit here with a coffee and my 100th cigarette!

Perhaps I'll take a drive and stop at some of those nice shops with classical music in the background and astronomical prices!!

It will be the wife's birthday on the 1st of December so I suppose shopping in advance for that wouldn't hurt.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2012, 07:00 PM

Good grief you know when your wife is having a birthday,what a lucky lady.
oldbugger
Fondly Remembered
Moray Coast, Scotland.

22-09-2012, 07:48 PM

She would beg to differ!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top