Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2012, 08:54 AM

Fair game?

Do you think that a line was overstepped by the French photographer who took the photo of Kate topless and by
the press who published it?
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2012, 09:23 AM

Re: Fair game?

Actually Yes I do, but at the same time the Couple surely knew they could be seen from the road. I see they are to Sue the Paper/Mag for publishing it.
Also The Italian gossip magazine Chi has said it plans to publish photographs of the Duchess sunbathing topless in a special issue next week.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-19608872
Erinaceous
East Anglia
Erinaceous is male  Erinaceous has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2012, 09:30 AM

Yes.

But I also believe that the British media have jumped on the same bandwagon by all the publicity they have given to this matter.

If anything the British media has done far more when it comes to exploitation than a second rate French gossip magazine has done.

Every day I scan some on-line newspapers, mostly German for obvious reasons, and the overwhelming theme isn't what took place, nor has there been any clamour to print the pictures, instead the comments have mostly been about how the British media are milking the story for all they are worth.

Even “Bild”, a magazine in the same category as The Sun is in the British press ignored the pictures and concentrated on the way that the British media has exploited this subject ad nausia. (and I got that right!)

I do wonder if there is an attempt to show themselves as being “good” to the Leveson Inquiry in order to minimise recommendations for even more censureship of the British media than already takes place.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2012, 09:30 AM

They were in a private place so have a right to have their privacy respected. Some newshounds and newspapers are totally blinded by £ signs and lose all respect for the rights of others.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2012, 09:39 AM

I'm surprised it happened in France as I thought they had quite draconian privacy laws..

I do think it's a mistake though taking civil action, but if they are going to do so shouldn't it be not just against the publisher, but surely it's the photographer also that needs taking to the cleaners...
Erinaceous
East Anglia
Erinaceous is male  Erinaceous has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2012, 09:47 AM

Interesting that both “Close” and “Chi” are owned by Berlusconi.

He's a man with an axe to grind against both GB and Germany.

In Germany he is widely hated not least for the scandalous and cynical way that he is portraying Germany for its reluctance to give “bail out” money to Italy without Italy implementing swingeing austerity measures.
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2012, 10:04 AM

In my opinion if you can be seen by a long lens, then you are not in privacy.
It is up to you to sunbathe in the nude in a position you cannot be seen.
But crumbs it is no big deal seeing a woman's breasts, quite common these days,
if the woman feels like getting her kit off for her husband so be it.
Barry I agree with you, I think they are wrong to try and take this to court, it will only make the situation worse.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2012, 11:05 AM

Like Arthur says it's no big deal, why make mountains out of molehills, but I suppose one must keep abreast of these things.
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2012, 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by jemflux ->
Like Arthur says it's no big deal, why make mountains out of molehills, but I suppose one must keep abreast of these things.
Jimmy that made me titter.
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2012, 11:34 AM

I think the mark was overstepped and it's about time the Royals sued for invasion of privacy. She could only be seen by using a long lens, so that in itself says they were being spied on...and yes the photographer should be remonstrated as well as the magazine.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top