Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
ukmartian
Ipswich uk
ukmartian is male  ukmartian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2012, 07:07 PM

Another dissapointment ????

I went to my last interview 3 weeks ago ....they said it would be at least 2 -3 weeks before i would hear either way ...well 3 weeks has passed and i aint heard anything...so back to the drawing board.....
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2012, 07:13 PM

Re: Another dissapointment ????

I think if you get as far as interview they should at least inform you either way as to how you fared, a pretty poor show indeed...

It must be very dispiriting for you Steve I know, but better luck next time maybe...
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2012, 07:33 PM

I was made redundant in 1976 and it knocked me sideways, coming out of the blue. Being apparently rejected badly affected my outlook & confidence.

However friends were very supportive and passed on any leads. After 2 months I decided on a blitzrieg on employers and comtacted what I thought at the time was a phenomenal (actualy 100) firms and was still rejected but I gained a lot of interview experience.
I was out of work for 4 months when a job was advertised just up my street, I had friends give me dummy interviews and I researched all I could find out about them.
I found out that they were experiencing stock loss. At the interview they bought the subject up and I was able to offer them 17 major causes of stock loss & how to combat it. THey offered me the job on the spot.
I stayed with them for 19 & a half years before being retired early on medical grounds.

I'm sorry if folks experience poor responses and shabby treatment from firms . Very discouraging.
My experience in the 1970s was very fortunate, but I didnt give up and kept at it.
Good wishes to all who are jobless and want work, keep on keeping on.......
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2012, 08:15 PM

Its a shame there is not that many jobs around nowadays. I am retired but did get a job a few years ago just for 10 weeks just to see if I could do it laugh. I made sure I was well up on the company I was going to work for. Had run throughs with friends throwing questions at me in a pretend interview like Robert did , and tried to smile most of the time and not look petrified. Dont know what your occupation is UkMartian, but it sometimes helps to train for something else that is wanted. Get your CV up to date and try and stick something up front on the first page which will catch the eye of someone reading it. Most people do get an interview from a snazzy CV with something that tells them what kind of person you are and also what your skills are. If they get a hundred or so CV's they are not going to open everyone. I put my CV in a see through folder and put bullet points on the front page. I felt quite good to get the job in my 60's. I was offered the job full time and permanent after my 10 weeks but decided I liked being a retired person who goes travelling alot. Good Luck Martian and let us know if you get a job.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2012, 09:56 PM

Sorry you didn't receive a reply after your interview, Steve.

Why can't these firms show a little courtesy at times like this

Don't give up, there is a job for you out there somewhere
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2012, 10:20 PM

Steve you must be feeling dispirited but at least you know you are doing your best to find a job.

Try not to let it get you down....
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2012, 09:47 AM

Sorry Steve and its really bad when they don't let you know but sadly it happens all the time. There will be the right job for you round the corner. Don't give up.
ukmartian
Ipswich uk
ukmartian is male  ukmartian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2012, 04:52 PM

All of you are right ..it really p's's one off ...I can distinctly remember the 2 gentlemen telling me the process would take about 2-3 weeks and i would be told either way at the end of that time...well that time was up on Monday...I waited till the first post on Tuesday and in the evening i sent them a polite e mail inquiring on the progress of my application....It is now Thursday and they aint even replied to that what would it take to acknowledge it with a reply or a phone call.....all i can do is hope that NO news is good news ....I was a bit naughty though, I shouldn't have got my hopes up by feeling confident about the interview....
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2012, 07:22 AM

Steve, emails and letters do not mean anything it is much better with a phone call to the top person or a visit to see them in person, that way it shows that you really want the job.
Speak to the Organ Grinder not the monkeys, he will be more impressed.
ukmartian
Ipswich uk

14-09-2012, 05:12 PM

I have taken your advice and made a phone call .......i think i can leave my fingers crossed a little bit longer ...the recruitment gentleman i saw for the interview is on HOLIDAY and will return next week ....

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top