Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
ukmartian
Ipswich uk
ukmartian is male  ukmartian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2012, 01:06 PM

Cape Horn

Who's taking the ferry to France this weekend..HOPE you dont get sea sick

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=T4FIS1FnOQg

did it make you feel sick ?????
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2012, 01:34 PM

Re: Cape Horn

Steve matey, as a matter of fact I'm off to France this coming weekend, but am travelling through the tunnel. However, having watched the video, I've seen worse and have been in worse. In one frame of that video they show a 'kent screen' a circular piece of 'armoured glass', which, connected to an electric motor spins at a very high speed and throws off the spray to give the helmsman a continuous clear view of what is ahead to enable him to steer the ship. I Have seen four of those screens smashed to pieces by the weight of water crashing into them. I should add that the ship I was on was a 100,000 ton tanker and the bridge (under normal circumstances) was more that 60ft above the deck.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2012, 01:44 PM

Fair play to you Joe me ole shipmate.
I found that clip very refreshing and exhilarating, watching it that is, being there is quite a different story.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2012, 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by jemflux ->
Fair play to you Joe me ole shipmate.
I found that clip very refreshing and exhilarating, watching it that is, being there is quite a different story.
Jim matey, flat calm is boring!!! - when seas are running as high as in that video clip, it is far more exhilarating!!!
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2012, 04:22 PM

Wonderful footage, I've been in choppy water but I would be very afrit sailing in those seas.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK

12-09-2012, 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by Janela ->
Wonderful footage, I've been in choppy water but I would be very afrit sailing in those seas.
Jan darlin' you'd be fine, providing you had good 'sea legs' and a crew of master mariners.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2012, 05:30 PM

Loved it. I was on the Cal Mac Ferry coming back from visiting my Home Town On the Isle of Mull a couple of days ago. The Sea was rough but not that rough lol. I'm used to watching the Waves crashing to Shore and up the Cliffs though as it happens all the time here.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2012, 06:24 PM

What a roller coaster ride, absolutely great (but only watching it that is)...
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2012, 07:19 PM

Been on the Ferry to France a good few times. The last time the sea was wild but not that wild. I was not too well on the last trip.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2012, 08:27 PM

Wow! I love watching rough seas, it's very exhilarating but I would hate to be out there in a boat of any kind...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top