Join for free
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2012, 04:53 AM

Happy Saturday Folk.

Scarborough south bay with the Grand Hotel dominating the skyline. We went for a drink with our two sons yesterday evening and the country pub was bursting at the seams- it must be the hot weather.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2012, 08:31 AM

Re: Happy Saturday Folk.

Morning to you Alan, and to all who follow later...

Looks like being another nice day here in the Midlands, so it's out with the dogs after coffee and then a spot of gardening before lunch of omelette and chips. Maybe feet up with a book this afternoon, although we may be having visitors for tea and cakes later...

Have a good day everyone..

Barry
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2012, 10:07 AM

Good morning Alan, Barry and all to come in yet. That photo of Scarbro beach brought back memories of some good holidays. Also one of the worst frights of my life.
My youngest son was only 2 and a half years old and he was digging in the sand. Someone put their deckchairs in front of me when my eyes were closed and he looked up and found me not there, although I still was. Who knows what a child thinks but he eventually was found over a mile down the beach. He was taken to the Lost Children. During his run of a lifetime, I was pulling my hair out, crying and running up and down the beach close to where we were not thinking about a mile away. He was lost for 2 hours. I eventually was told he had been found. I went running to the Lost Children caravan and he looked up at me and said
"And where have you been, I have been looking for you". I dont have to say what I felt like. Coming from Yorkshire its called Two pennath of drop dead, laugh. We laugh about it now but thanks for the photo Alan, its great.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2012, 10:34 AM

Good morning fellow members thick fog here and chilly, I am hoping it brightens up soon so I can put my bread dough in the sun to rise.

After spending half the week babysitting for one crisis or another I am hoping to catch up on some housework and gardening today .

Enjoy your day everyone
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2012, 10:47 AM

Glenfinnan (Harry Potter's Viaduct can be seen in it)

Good Morning Folks Dull and gray so far. Hope it stays dry for walkies with Loki later on!

I need a new keyboard as this one is driving me bonkers, won't type some letters even although I have depressed the keys, so I will have to go online and look for one. I want another ergonomic split keyboard again!

Hope everyone will enjoy a good day today.

Take care.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2012, 02:52 PM

Good afternoon all, great day here again. I'll be out in the garden for the rest of the afternoon listening to an audio book, very relaxing in this weather.
That must have been a very worrying time for you Sandy.
It's annoying when the keyboard starts acting up Rosemary, hope you get it sorted.
Have a good weekend Folks.

This is North East Nicodimia, tourists flock here every year for a smoking holiday, the place is doing a roaring trade.
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2012, 03:42 PM

Good afternoon all. It's a sizzler in the garden - phew!
I've been sitting in the shade tidying hanging baskets. But we both said it's too hot now, so we are in with a nice cup of tea.
Enjoyed the photos everyone. Never managed a holiday in Scarborough Alan.
Enjoy the rest of the day.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top