Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2012, 11:50 AM

Beggars.

These two boys came racing along the street towards us.
They were on the look out for tourists and wanted us to pay them for sitting on the camels back and for us to take a photo.

There is much poverty in Egypt and I felt so sorry for these boys as they were really dirty and unkempt. They had been arguing and the younger one was crying. We declined sitting on the poor camels but took this photo instead, we gave both of them a little money and they went happily on there way. Poor lads. It makes you grateful for what you have.

[url=http://postimage.org/]
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2012, 03:15 PM

Re: Beggars.

yes this is why I dont really like going abroad......but think what the camels must go through.
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2012, 06:39 PM

That's a bit sweeping... abroad is a big place and not many countries have camels! Mind you, I really don't fancy visiting countries like Egypt.
Jimmy
Lancashire
Jimmy is male  Jimmy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2012, 07:21 PM

The "deaf and dumb" cards are getting very popular as well.
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2012, 07:54 PM

Mall if these lads have camels, they are not poor, unless they pinched them.
Jimmy
Lancashire
Jimmy is male  Jimmy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2012, 07:57 PM

I think you're right there Wrinkly.
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2012, 11:57 PM

Originally Posted by Wrinkly ->
Mall if these lads have camels, they are not poor, unless they pinched them.
I very much doubt that the camels belong to those boys.
More likely they have to pay the money over to whoever does own the camels. Much like the beggar children in India who have pimps, for want of a better word, who force them to beg and then take all the money.

There but for the grace of God Arthur.
mesco m
manchester

05-09-2012, 12:21 AM

Originally Posted by Grumblewagon ->
That's a bit sweeping... abroad is a big place and not many countries have camels! Mind you, I really don't fancy visiting countries like Egypt.
I don't fancy motor caravaning but each to their own.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2012, 07:51 AM

Its not just the beggars Mall darlin' but everytime you poked your head outside the hotel, you were 'pounced on' by all the traders trying to sell you whatever they had and taxi owners (Kalash)plying their trade too. It was unpleasant, unnerving and for my companion at the time very frightening.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2012, 06:57 PM

I didnt mean especially Egypt I meant what I said abroad,wherever you go there are poor animals( Poor meaning no-one cares about them)Do I have to spell it out whenever i write here!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top