Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
LovelyMeerkat
Lancashire
LovelyMeerkat is female  LovelyMeerkat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2012, 11:38 AM

Studley Grange

Studley Grange is home to Butterfly World and is near where I live. It also houses a craft village where people young and old can participate in various activities. They also have a small animal holding with a zoo licence, so there are rabbits, goats, chipmunks, otters, pigs, various birds, a beautiful iguana, and, best of all, 15 gorgeous meerkats. Two females, Thelma and Louise, one male, JD and their 15 offspring.

First time we went there on Dad's birthday, it poured with rain and we hardly saw the meerkats (only three at that time). The chap in the shop said he thought one of the females was pregnant. JD has certainly been a busy boy since that time. We went later when it was better weather and during the school term. We were lucky as it was quiet most of the day, so we got to spend time looking at all the animals on our own. You pay a small fee to enter the butterfly farm and through to the animal paddocks. You can then come and go as you please. There is a cafe where you can watch the lovely butterflies as you eat, drink and chat. There is also a garden centre a short walk away. We can easily spend the whole day there.

Anyway, here are couple of meerkat pictures. I love this first one of JD and one of his little ones

Not sure if that is Thelma or Louise in the last picture, but she looks pregnant to me.
LovelyMeerkat
Lancashire
LovelyMeerkat is female  LovelyMeerkat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2012, 11:52 AM

Re: Studley Grange

Here are some of the lovely butterflies

And, the gorgeous Iggy

LovelyMeerkat
Lancashire

01-09-2012, 12:09 PM

The beavers are funny. They are very nosy and come up see what is going on. They are all boys and I am tempted to refer to them as John, Paul, George and Ringo, but I don't think those are their names. They are lovely.

clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2012, 02:12 PM

What lovely photos, thank you. My son has an Iguana like the one in your photograph, he has managed to keep it successfully for a number of years now.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2012, 03:14 PM

They were really lovely photos,Phoebe has a meercat from the pet shop, we call him fergie and he sits on the sofa, but you havent to look at him or she tries to kill him.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2012, 03:15 PM

fergie is not real, a stuffed dogs toy in case you were worried.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2012, 04:07 PM

Lovely photos Helen, I am also fascinated by meerkats as they are such cute creatures.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2012, 05:21 PM

Gorgeous photographs Helen , the colours are so clear .
I love Otters...
Que Sera
Germany
Que Sera is female  Que Sera has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2012, 05:28 PM

There's a Butterfly garden not far away from here too.. most amazing sizes and colours that are flying around, you can sit down and relax and just watch... Beautiful
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2012, 07:53 PM

Gorgeous photos, Helen.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top