Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2012, 12:54 AM

Light At The End of the Tunnel

Does it exist or is it just a phenomenon that nobody actually manages to get to the end of?

What I mean is this. Having to live on a tight budget, one has to cut one's coat according to one's cloth.

I saw the light at the end of a very long dark tunnel recently, but as I started to gallop down it, some silly beggar rolled a boulder over the end, leaving me in the dark again, and I had to trot back very slowly with head down.

Does anybody know what I'm talking about?
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2012, 07:38 AM

Re: Light At The End of the Tunnel

Yes, I think that I do - well, in my own way. Everytime I think I'm getting things sorted out and making progess, something else comes along. As I tell Mrs G., I always have 101 things to do, and when I get one done, that doesn't mean I have 100 because another one will come along.

But... we're putting them on hold and having a short holiday next week. Just some time away in the motorhome and a spot of hill walking in the Cairngorms. Sometimes you just need a break.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2012, 07:48 AM

Mollie, I think some folks are just destined to struggle through life, a change of financial circumstance, or the meeting of a new face would have no impact on the scenario they find themselves in, in some cases, it's just the way it is.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2012, 08:50 AM

Oh so you have found me Mollie rushing to the end of the tunnel.You dont need to get there yet girl, you have lots of life to live.You have started by going out again, just look forward and keep going. Me I have been waiting for the door at the end to open for a while now.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2012, 08:55 AM

Originally Posted by Mollie ->
Does it exist or is it just a phenomenon that nobody actually manages to get to the end of?

What I mean is this. Having to live on a tight budget, one has to cut one's coat according to one's cloth.

I saw the light at the end of a very long dark tunnel recently, but as I started to gallop down it, some silly beggar rolled a boulder over the end, leaving me in the dark again, and I had to trot back very slowly with head down.

Does anybody know what I'm talking about?
Yes Mollie darlin' - for my sins I used to work for British Rail (as it then was) many years ago. In the early morning we were conducting experiments with some equipment which meant I had to be inside a long tunnel with a few other personnel. The battery on our light failed and we had to 'feel' our way back out of the tunnel in the pitch black.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2012, 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by Mollie ->

Like you Mollie I thought I saw the light at the end of the tunnel, but it was just some bloke with a torch coming the other way....
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2012, 05:39 PM

Somewhere I read a quote from a gal who said she felt if only she could get all the obstacles out of the way she could get on with her life... til she realized the obstacles were her life!
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2012, 07:06 PM

sounds like me really!I have a card pinned up by the PC and its a Keep calm and carry on card, keeping the lid on things by reading it.
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2012, 01:27 AM

Yes, I think you've all caught my drift. Not too long ago I was really struggling financially, then I got my bank statement and to my amazement, I had more dosh than I thought I had. Don't get excited. It wasn't a King's ransom but, by being frugal, I had managed to clock up a couple of hundred more than I expected.

So, thinks I, I can get in touch with people to put up new guttering which has holes in it. Then, for the first time a couple of weeks ago, my 11-year old car failed her MoT so I had to fork out just over £100 for the repairs for new brake cables, which pretty much amounts to my week's part-time wage. So down I went again.

Then, on Thursday, car tax was due. £93.50. Another week's wage gone!

Then I had to buy a new monitor and on Wednesday when I go to the dentist I'll have to pay some more toward my treatment. I's't be a pauper again in no time!

It's like a game of ping pong, but I manage - just.

Then there's me faulty tumble dryer!
Falconer
Lancashire
Falconer is male  Falconer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2012, 05:17 AM

Mollie, are there no side-tunnel's you could turn down?...ALL tracks have detour's, y'know?, there was never a track built which only went from 'A' to 'B'?, an' they aren't ALL blocked at the end, eh?.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top