Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2012, 02:00 PM

WiFi donkeys in Israel

This is just wrong.

Excerpt:

It was nothing like this 3,000 years ago.

An Israeli attraction meant to immerse tourists in an authentic, ancient biblical experience has outfitted its donkeys with wireless routers.

At the historical park of Kfar Kedem in northern Israel, visitors decked out in biblical robes and headdresses ride donkeys through the rolling hills of the Galilee, learning how people lived in Old Testament times.

Now they can also surf the web while touring the land of the Bible on one of the oldest forms of transportation. A device slung around the donkey's neck like a feedbag is actually a Wi-Fi router.

Full story.
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2012, 12:25 AM

Re: WiFi donkeys in Israel

Very wrong indeed, lass. I do agree. Why would anybody want to take those biblical paths with modern technology in their back packs. That defies logic to me as they're not savouring the moment of times gone by.
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2012, 07:23 AM

Beats me why people want to take a laptop on holiday with them. I always thought holidays were to get away from it all and relax enjoying your new surroundings.

Money makes people do the most obnoxious things.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2012, 12:52 PM

Rosie the barmaid in our local is single and always on the lookout for a man, her ass sends out signals all the time and she's a long way from the Holyland.
Erinaceous
East Anglia
Erinaceous is male  Erinaceous has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2012, 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by Annie Jack ->
This is just wrong.
Now they can also surf the web while touring the land of the Bible on one of the oldest forms of transportation. A device slung around the donkey's neck like a feedbag is actually a Wi-Fi router.
I fail to see a problem with this!
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2012, 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by jemflux ->
Rosie the barmaid in our local is single and always on the lookout for a man, her ass sends out signals all the time and she's a long way from the Holyland.
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada

31-08-2012, 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by Erinaceous ->
I fail to see a problem with this!
Nothing to do with religion. I think it's just as stupid as paying for tickets to a special event (concert, ball game, whatever) then sitting there texting and surfing the web during it all. I'm baffled by people who can't disconnect and just enjoy the moment wherever they may be. Share the pics and thoughts with your social media network later. I was at a funeral earlier this year where a gentleman was using the touch screen on his phone through the whole service.
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2012, 10:07 PM

Jem!

Originally Posted by Annie Jack ->
Nothing to do with religion. I think it's just as stupid as paying for tickets to a special event (concert, ball game, whatever) then sitting there texting and surfing the web during it all. I'm baffled by people who can't disconnect and just enjoy the moment wherever they may be. Share the pics and thoughts with your social media network later. I was at a funeral earlier this year where a gentleman was using the touch screen on his phone through the whole service.
Well that's just disrespectful. I'd never dream of taking any of those sort of contraptions on holiday, nor to a funeral.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2012, 10:16 PM

naughty Jem
Erinaceous
East Anglia
Erinaceous is male  Erinaceous has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2012, 08:45 AM

It seems that these mini-routers also provide Bluetooth so enabling people to receive a commentry on a Blutooth connected device. Many / most mobile 'phones have this capability so it's much more than simply access to the 'net.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top