Join for free
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2012, 12:28 PM

Losing net connection

This morning, I have been losing my internet connection It has been driving me mad..
I've tried to answer several posts..and lost connection yet again. I'm getting a little fed up with it and will close the computer down for the day, (though I was only here because we were having a coffee break )
Oh well, looks like I'm ok for the moment but to save my sanity, I'll close down and try later.
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2012, 12:30 PM

Re: Losing net connection

Originally Posted by Janela ->
This morning, I have been losing my internet connection It has been driving me mad..
I've tried to answer several posts..and lost connection yet again. I'm getting a little fed up with it and will close the computer down for the day, (though I was only here because we were having a coffee break )
Oh well, looks like I'm ok for the moment but to save my sanity, I'll close down and try later.
That happened to me last week. We had to have the engineer out in the end.
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2012, 08:45 PM

As you can see Mall, I've managed to stay on line for half an hour.
If it continues, I will get the guy in who made it for me.
I spoke too soon..it went off and came back again, while I was typing
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2012, 07:20 AM

Jan, are BT or any engineers doing any work in your area?
Have you had lots of Rain, this can sometimes get into the BT connection outside your house.

Try finding out you connection ping and speed.

Click begin test NOT start now.

http://www.speedtest.net/

If you still have problems phone BT to test you line.
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2012, 08:28 PM

Fantastic service from BT, this morning an engineer turned up on my doorstep and said he had come to fix the fault on my telephone line.
He came in dialled out on my phone, tapped a code and went out the door 1 minute later all fixed.
Strange as I hadn't reported a fault.
Not bad really because I don't get on to BT till midnight.
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK

31-08-2012, 09:59 PM

Thanks for the advice Bob. I'll let my son have a looksee, at the link tomorrow.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top