Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2012, 10:24 PM

Whoo Hoo!

I got a new monitor on Sunday - 21 incher! Blimey, it is huge.

My old square one up and died a few weeks ago so my friend Lesley let me borrow one of her spares, which was 15". I was just getting used to using my magnifying glass with it, but now this one seems massive and I feel as if I should be sitting about two feet away from it!

It's certainly taking some getting used to.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2012, 10:27 PM

Re: Whoo Hoo!

Sounds great Mollie my monitor on the laptop is quite small but I am used to it now.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2012, 10:37 PM

It's surprising how quickly you get used to the size, Mollie. My monitor is 19" and I find it a perfect size now.
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2012, 10:56 PM

You don't do things by half do you Mollie
marpaul
North Cumbria
marpaul is female  marpaul has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2012, 11:16 PM

Sounds like you've gone all posh Mollie You'll soon get used to it and it will be great for watching your soaps on!
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2012, 11:36 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Sounds great Mollie my monitor on the laptop is quite small but I am used to it now.
I was used to the small one as well, Meg, but I really hate oblong screens as my original one was square, which I preferred.

Originally Posted by Mags ->
It's surprising how quickly you get used to the size, Mollie. My monitor is 19" and I find it a perfect size now.
My monitor at work is 19" as well Mags, and it looked tiny yesterday when I went back to work.

Originally Posted by Robert Junior ->
You don't do things by half do you Mollie
Moi, do things by half? Never in this world.

Originally Posted by marpaul ->
Sounds like you've gone all posh Mollie You'll soon get used to it and it will be great for watching your soaps on!
Yeh, it's good for watching telly on, but I daren't put it on full screen.

Well, I'm not really posh because I didn't pay a vast fortune for it, although I believe monitors are quite expensive these days. It was one that Lesley wanted rid of so she sold it to me for £45 which is, I believe, a good bargain.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2012, 09:04 AM

On my laptop I can adjust the size of the print, I keep it set at 125%.
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2012, 10:19 AM

Sounds good Mollie although personally I wouldn't have anything other than a laptop. I don't watch telly on it anyway as I'm happier with my 32" TV. Live or catch up I can watch anything I want on that
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire

30-08-2012, 06:26 PM

I tried a laptop and I really did hate it with a vengeance, plus, I never switch my telly on. Haven't done for nigh on two years now so I'm better suited to the tower and monitor.
Hu99
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Hu99 is male  Hu99 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2012, 02:53 AM

Bigger is always better Mollie I've got a 27" Apple Cinema Display and I'm loving it.
I also have a 60" LCD telly...........perhaps my eyes are going.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top