Join for free
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2012, 05:21 PM

BBC Proms

Does anyone watch the BBC Proms? I haven't watched all of it, just odd bits and pieces.

I watched todays part of the BBC children's prom...very funny...Wallace and Gromit.
The antics of the pair were animated onto three screens and the timing of the orchestra was perfect.
Conductor Nicholas Collon was supposedly taking instructions from W & G - in a workshop beneath the Royal Albert Hall - the theme tune to W & G was played a couple of times, and the audience clapped in time, including the children, it was smiles all the way through.
Violinist Tasmin Little was amazing as usual.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2012, 06:32 PM

Re: BBC Proms

Tes saw the trailer of that, I watched some last night but didnt rate the singers really, I am very fussy about singers.
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2012, 06:36 PM

Aww, shame annie. The childrens proms bit was good.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2012, 07:16 PM

It was a dark day here, very dark made you feel depressed and then it started to rain.... oh I am fed up with this awful weather.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2012, 07:17 PM

I often listen to some of the Proms but don't seem to have found the time this year

It's a very good idea to get children interested in music at an early age.
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK

27-08-2012, 07:30 PM

Oh annie, you do sound fed up I'd send you a bar of chocolate and a bunch of flowers if I could.

Meg, I think it is a brilliant idea these children's proms. To hear the Wallace & Gromit theme tune and to see it played by classical musicians...a great inroduction to orchestral music for them.
marpaul
North Cumbria
marpaul is female  marpaul has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2012, 11:46 PM

Originally Posted by Janela ->
Oh annie, you do sound fed up I'd send you a bar of chocolate and a bunch of flowers if I could.

Meg, I think it is a brilliant idea these children's proms. To hear the Wallace & Gromit theme tune and to see it played by classical musicians...a great inroduction to orchestral music for them.
Wish I'd seen that! Sounds good
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2012, 10:32 AM

I didn't see it but I agree that anything that gets children interested in classical music is a good thing. My Dad had a large collection of classical music and I was therefore exposed to it at an early age and played the violin myself for many years. Peter and the Wolf. The Carnival of the Animals and The Young Persons Guide to the Orchestra are also very good pieces of music for children.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria

28-08-2012, 11:50 AM

you are very lucky playing a Violin, dont stop playing, find a local pub that has music nights and join in the fun, i really miss playing the Bodhran.You meet new people.
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2012, 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by anniemuldoon ->
you are very lucky playing a Violin, dont stop playing, find a local pub that has music nights and join in the fun, i really miss playing the Bodhran.You meet new people.
I haven't played for years Annie and in fact I sold my violin some time ago to a local music shop as I thought someone else should get the use of it. At one time I was going to do music professionally and got accepted at the Guildhall School in London. However after much thought I decided against it mainly because it was impossible to make a living by just playing in an orchestra which was what I wanted to do. You had to teach as well and I didn't want to do that. Such is life and I continued to play in amateur orchestras for many years until my life went in a different direction.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top