Join for free
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2012, 05:00 AM

Happy Sunday Folk.

The Middle Nene Sailing Club on the lake at Thrapston, Northants. I picked my first lot of plums yesterday and, as usual, many of them were grubby. There must be something that makes plums with maggots in them ripen quicker. After this first lot there are usually very few grubby ones.
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2012, 07:11 AM

Re: Happy Sunday Folk.

Good morning Alan and everyone else of course

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKCnH...eature=related

Well, after a continuos 24 hours of heavy rain it is fine this morning but the clouds do look heavy. Mother natures creatures seem a bit lithargic, which does not surprise me after the day they had yesterday, they are not singing much but they are chasing after their food.

Plans for today are to do a bit of decorating in my study prior to the building of the new desktop bench. Lunch at home consisting of Pork Slices, New potatoes, Cabbage, Carrots and 'she who must be obeyed' famous gravy followed by Chocolate Gateaux and a large Brandy, the afternoon could be a bit dodgy with all those calories so, if energy permits we shall have a walk along the edge of Loweswater.

Somewhere in France, can not remember where though.

Alan we often go and watch the yacht racing on the lake districts only lake, Bassenthwaite. Great picture.

Have a great day everyone just

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDJ9FZ7C6X4
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2012, 08:57 AM

Loki taken in a shelter at Finlaystone Country Park

Good Morning Alan, Bob and All A right dull and dreich start to the day - it was pouring down about 5 am this morning! Yesterday turned out to be a right wet day, I got soaked going down to Johnstone with all the rain that fell! I was like a droonit rat by the time I got home!

Lovely photos, Alan and Bob - and your links as well, Bob. Thanks for sharing.

Hope everyone enjoys today, no matter what the weather is like.

Take care, stay safe
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2012, 09:01 AM

Happy sunday to you all,started out sunny but its not looking too good now. Oh dear.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2012, 09:05 AM

Good morning to all, like annie a bright start but looking decidedly suspect at the moment..

We were going to visit an atiques fair at Southwell Racecourse today but Mrs PM isn't too good so we will have to see how she feels a little later. Plenty of odd jobs to do if not...

Enjoy your day folks..

Barry
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2012, 10:27 AM

Good morning fellow members a beautiful day here and I am taking advantage of it by doing three loads of washing.

In addition to a chest infection and very sore throat I now have an eye infection so am peering at the screen though a mist of eye cream wondering what bit of me will go wrong next and trying to make the best of things

Enjoy your day everyone
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2012, 11:27 AM

Good morning all.
Bright and sunny here. I too have a couple of loads of washing Meg. Where does it all come from?
Wish you better soon Meg - you are catching a lot of infections lately - poor you, you must be run down a bit eh?
Wish Mrs.PM better too Barry.
Nice piccies and links...and Loki looks to be smiling contentedly
No plans for today, maybe a little pottering in the garden if the lawn is dry enough and moss to sweep up down the side-way - the magpies are always throwing it off the roof
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2012, 11:46 AM

Good morning everyone, lovely sunny day but quite cool at the moment.

I also have a load of washing out on the line, have to make the most of this drying weather while it lasts...

Barry, I hope MrsPM feels better very soon...

Meg, it sounds like you need an MOT All these infections can be very debilitating for you, I hope things start to improve very soon.

Enjoy your day folks!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2012, 01:50 PM

Thanks Jan and Mags I had an MOT and they decided I have asthma.
I am still waiting for the lab results to say which antibiotics I need, the Doctors surgery has closed from Friday till Tuesday and I don't fancy the out of hours service.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top