Join for free
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2012, 11:32 AM

Yet another.

BBQ. But I am not hosting this one

My brother has invited us to one. Both him and my husband are rugby league fanatics and it is "The Challenge Cup Final" today. They support different teams, so the day may get a little rowdy They are great mates so I can't see them coming to blows
I think it may turn into an indoor BBQ though, as the weather is typical for a bank holiday weekend.
Any one else got any plans for today.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2012, 01:09 PM

Re: Yet another.

We have 2 Sets of very Close Friends. The 6 of us usually meet in the Local Pub on a Saturday Evening or go for a Meal together. If it's going to be a Good Day on the Sunday then usually one of us has a BBQ and we all getogether around 5pm for a few hours.
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2012, 05:08 PM

Hey, hope you both have great BBQ's.
We've just got rid of ours...one of the legs broke and even though we covered it for the winter, it went rusty! Quite bad it was too
Won't bother buying one now 'til Spring
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2012, 09:25 AM

We are attending a BBQ at my sister's tomorrow lunchtime, but unless we are very lucky we may need a b****y great umbrella methinks...
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2012, 10:25 AM

The weather was so bad that the BBQ was abandoned.
The menfolk watched the rugby while us ladies chatted and set set about the business of providing nourishment

We had a typical northern dish of pie, peas and gravy, which we ate when it was half time The pies were bought from a local bakers, peas and gravy, home made

Much later in the evening, we had rustled together, chicken enchiladas, apple pie and a custard tart. All the ingredients for these where lifted from the freezer.
We ladies are resourceful creatures

The weather took nothing away from a most enjoyable day.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2012, 10:28 AM

You mean you didn't cook the apple pie and custard tart from fresh ingredients??? - that's cheating Mall darlin'
mesco m
manchester

26-08-2012, 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by plantman ->
We are attending a BBQ at my sister's tomorrow lunchtime, but unless we are very lucky we may need a b****y great umbrella methinks...
If our weather is anything to go by, you will be needing that umbrella. Enjoy your day, Barry.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2012, 07:36 PM

Its been a showery day today but got some garden tidying done between showers... well Joe did I said what had to go then he put the blower on for the leaves, rain stopped play for a while. Now its gone dark again so more rain I suppose.
Lynne55
Lancs.
Lynne55 is female  Lynne55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2012, 08:35 PM

I think i've only ever been to one BBQ. That was years ago when we were on holidays near where I used to live in Wales & some old friends invited us to one. I dont think anybody bothers about them much down here & we've never had one

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top