Join for free
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2012, 03:27 PM

Hello from Grumblewagon

Hi, I'm Grumblewagon and I'm finding that retirement is harder work than anything that I got paid for. After 30 odd years in IT, firstly as an engineer and later as a software developer (for a multinational company), I took early retirement (mid 50's) and moved to Scotland.

This was a good move because the house prices were a lot lower and the benefits of living here are IMO a lot higher.
Anyway, me and the boss woman bought an old stone house that was "renovated" by the world's most incompetent builder and miserly property developer. This actually worked to our advantage as many of the original features eg Victorian doors & door furniture were still there.

We gutted the place and started again and have just about got it finished. My wife is the gardener and she's done a good job of transforming a field of weeds into a garden.

Anyway, that will do for now... look forward to talking to some young at heart people who happily remember the days when we could get by without mobile phones and childhood illnesses were a rite of passage.
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2012, 03:31 PM

Re: Hello from Grumblewagon

Hi Grumblewagon , welcome to a very friendly forum
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2012, 04:36 PM

Hello George, a very warm welcome to you, good to have you aboard..
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2012, 04:42 PM

Hello George welcome , I look forward to chatting with you.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2012, 08:25 PM

Good evening George matey and welcome.

As to getting by without a mobile 'phone - I STILL DO. Don't like the things and resent bitterly being tracked wherever I want to go by 'powers that be'.

Regarding childhood illnesses, yes I've had more than my fair share of those. They say once you've had measles and Rubella you can't have them again RUBBISH!!! have had both of those three times each.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2012, 09:10 PM

Hello George, a very warm welcome to you - hope you enjoy the forum
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2012, 09:20 PM

Hiya Mister Grumblewagon. Welcome to the forum, and I do hope you enjoy it here.
shaz
Manchester, lancs
shaz is female  shaz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2012, 11:26 PM

Hello george
Welcome to this friendly forum.
Kath 131
Preston, Lancashire
Kath 131 is female  Kath 131 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2012, 12:42 PM

Hi George I'm still fairly new but enjoy bobbing to have a look at the forum, sure you will enjoy it.
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2012, 01:24 PM

Thanks for all your good wishes... I'm sure that we'll have some good chats.

Grumblewagon referrs to my various motorhomes. No matter what you do, everything seems to rattle and rumble as you drive.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top