Join for free
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2012, 05:18 AM

Happy Friday Everyone.

Coot and reflection in ice - taken 3 years ago at a local country park. Well, I'm back folk having had a lovely 3 nights in the Yorkshire dales followed by 3 nights just outside Scarborough. The weather was mixed but the scenery was great. We did something that we used to do when we used to visit Scarborough regularly.....go and listen to the Spa orchestra at their morning concert in the open air. Many years ago Max Jaffa was their leader but he has long since gone.
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2012, 06:54 AM

Re: Happy Friday Everyone.

Good morning Alan and everyone else.

For She who must be obeyed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKHi5...feature=relmfu

Wet wet and even wetter, heavy rain strong winds and yet Mother Natures creatures are out in force searching for their breakfast. The Rooks and Crows were in abundance down the Bridle path food hunting, even the foxes were out, well maybe they are flooded out.

Plans for today as it is Friday are 'Clean Up' yes it is time to clean out my study again but first I have a £221 bill to pay for the Royal Mail Gold Medal stamps, who thought they would win 29 Gold Medals? Lunch is at home, Fish Chips and Mushy Peas followed by a large Brandy(or two) then an afternoon with friends before a quizz night.

Alan it is good to have some time away but it is also nice to be home, Pleased you had a lovely time.

Raw Mother Earth in all her wildness. Ulpha Fell.

Have a great day everyone it really is

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pU-QE...eature=related
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2012, 09:06 AM

Good Morning, Kind of Dreich here the Day. Hope it clears up, I want to get the Lawns cut this Afternoon.
Enjoy your Day People
Devil's Elbow in a traditional form of transport which has royal approval.

The photo shows the Queen’s Daimler driving up the Devil’s elbow with Prince Philip at the wheel. The road leads up to the Cairnwell Pass, the UK’s highest main road, travelling along the Devil’s elbow was quite an adventure.
The sharp hairpin bends and the 1 in 3 gradient where not for the faint hearted. In the 1960’s the road was straightened, but some of the original road is still visible next to the main road.

Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2012, 09:37 AM

Good morning fellow members it's fine at the moment but rain on the way.

I am about to start a big cooking session using some lovely beef I bought from the farm shop . It should make a good many meals for me and the children.
Enjoy your day everyone
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2012, 10:00 AM

A very good morning to all.

Overcast here but seems to be brightening now. Just back from Tesco and enjoying five minutes before taking the dogs to the forest. Chicken leek and mushroom pie will be for lunch served up with beans and new spuds, and this afternoon will be spent relaxing with a book methinks.

Glad your break went well Alan, Yorkshire is a wonderful county..

Enjoy your day folks...

Barry
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2012, 10:09 AM

(can't remember where I took that photo)

Good Morning Everyone Dull and dreich start to the day so far! Hope the weather is good for you all. Hope it turns out as nice today as it did yesterday!

Lovely photos, Folks Been up that Devil's Elbow many a time - was more scary when I had the Imp - well I had the Imp but my brother drove it as I hate driving!! Beautiful views from there!

Love the links, Bob, Many thanks for sharing.

Hope you all have a lovely day today.

Take care and stay safe
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2012, 01:56 PM

Good afternoon all.
Nice and bright but a bit cooler here.
Had to pop to the shops earlier this morning and some unknown hand guided me into Greggs Hubby and I have just eaten a filled bagette..followed by a fresh cream apple danish. Sooo naughty but delicious
A bit of tidying and sweeping out the front in a mo..then helping with building the new shed.
Lovely piccies and links, thanks.
Have a peaceful day everyone.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2012, 05:45 PM

Good evening all, lashing rain here all day and no sign of it letting up, didn't make much difference to me as I was tucked up in the local playing dominoes with the rest of the old lads, nice and relaxing it was too.
It's great to see the photo's and get a bit of background thrown in.
Have a pleasant evening Folks.

This very old photo is of Lahinch in County Clare, taken I'm told between 1874-1884, this may sound morbid but it's not meant to be, when I look at these very old photo's I wonder what was going through the minds of the people in the frame, most of them would have someone near and dear to them off fighting some war in a faraway land, worrying for their safe return, now they are all dead, even the baby in the pram, makes you think what's the use of worrying.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2012, 10:27 PM

Oh dear not been on the Gin have you jem,you sound a bit ugh, I asked Joe but he didnt know where the photo was, his brother lives in County Clare somewhere but I wouldnt get an answer if I asked,bit of trouble at the Da's funeral.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top