Join for free
ukmartian
Ipswich uk
ukmartian is male  ukmartian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2012, 05:43 PM

I just cant win

I went to a interview last week ....applied to the job on the info advertised (service engineer)....When i got to the interview the job was totally different ...job spec and duties, hours and wages etc ..Like a good job seeker i have to report to the job centre ...so today i tell them ....what did they say to me ......If offered the job i have to take it or lose my benefits ....it is a job i cannot do ...both physically and mentally....i am not even sure of the health and safety side as they want to do test on my skin to see if i can handle the extreme chemicals they use ...I know a job is a job but every one have their limits i don't think cleaning up other peoples excrement and vomit is what i feel comfortable doing....and the job centre just say tough..If it had been a advert for anything else trading standards would have a field day ....PS i am hoping that i dont get it is some ways
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2012, 09:46 AM

Re: I just cant win

It sounds awful Steve, I hope that you didn't look that interested at the interview and they will offer the job to someone else. I couldn't do that kind of work either.
Erinaceous
East Anglia
Erinaceous is male  Erinaceous has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2012, 10:01 AM

A great many people have to do jobs they don't like.

But they have a moral duty to do all they can before holding their hands out for tax payers money, all to often tax payers who are doing jobs THEY don't like.

Sorry Steve, no offence intended to you but it's a view that I have long held.
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2012, 10:13 AM

It is so annoying like everyone you go to an interview thinking this is it i can do this job. It is not the first time that things have changed by time you get there.

I remember being called back for a third interview to find out that it had gone from full time permanent to part time for three months.

So upsetting as well.
Erinaceous
East Anglia
Erinaceous is male  Erinaceous has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2012, 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by shirley ->
It is so annoying like everyone you go to an interview thinking this is it i can do this job. It is not the first time that things have changed by time you get there.

I remember being called back for a third interview to find out that it had gone from full time permanent to part time for three months.

So upsetting as well.
It's often deliberate. First tranche to get the best applicants in the hope that the best candidate will be desperate but wouldn't have applied if the post was only on a temp basis.
ukmartian
Ipswich uk
ukmartian is male  ukmartian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2012, 06:16 PM

Just thought i would let you know ....I DIDN'T get the job ...obviously the realised either my apprehension or the fact i was not a person to be 'used' .....strange but after trying for a job for 12 months I dont exactly feel disappointed that i didn't get it ...Hopefully perhaps i will get a shot at the one i interviewed for on Monday ....
Erinaceous
East Anglia

24-08-2012, 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by ukmartian ->
Just thought i would let you know ....I DIDN'T get the job ...obviously the realised either my apprehension or the fact i was not a person to be 'used' .....strange but after trying for a job for 12 months I dont exactly feel disappointed that i didn't get it ...Hopefully perhaps i will get a shot at the one i interviewed for on Monday ....
Best of luck. Is there any possibility of "going contract" or offering part time cover for some local companies?

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top