Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2012, 10:19 AM

Cosmetics and other paraphernalia.

Most of us ladies and maybe some men, will have used lotions and potions, over the years, to help with skin care, hygiene and general appearance.
I have tried most of the well known, branded concoctions in my time and came to the conclusion that none of them did what it said on the tin. I look in the mirror and do not see some one twenty years younger than I am, looking back.
I have sensitive skin, so was careful about the products that I used.
I use baby lotion as a body moisturiser and Oil of you know what, on my face. All the branded body washes, etc.
To cut a long story shorter Some months ago I replaced all of them with supermarket own brands, apart from Oil of you know what.
I am more than satisfied with all of them and have had no adverse reactions to any of them. Not only have I not aged visiblyI have saved myself a small fortune.
Anyone else use supermarket own brand beauty aids
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2012, 12:40 PM

Re: Cosmetics and other paraphernalia.

Following the surgery I've had, I use E45 lotion to smooth out the rough edges of the scar tissue.
Silver Surfer
Manchester UK
Silver Surfer is female  Silver Surfer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2012, 01:18 PM

I use Oil of you know what rehydrating lotion [swear by this]and you know what daily moisturiser with a touch of foundation on my face and neck .As for other body products anything I happen to pick up at supermarket or M&S .
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2012, 01:47 PM

Another user of Oil of O, day cream only though with UV protection because I walk the dog a lot and baby lotion or Nivea for the other parts.

I have never spent lots of money on expensive creams and lotions and I have a better skin with less wrinkles than my neighbour who is the same age as me and has
chickadee
New Member!
Glasgow, UK
chickadee is female 

17-08-2012, 03:23 PM

I don't spend a lot of money either on creams either. No matter what you use none of them makes any difference. It's really a matter of preference. On tests Aldi face cream came out as good as anything else and it's only £1.99. I use that and I like Nivea too.
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2012, 03:29 PM

You are right about Aldi face cream but I tried it and prefer Oil of O.
Kitty
London
Kitty is female  Kitty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2012, 03:41 PM

I use one of the expensive face creams, and have done for a few years now, but i am lucky as i have a friend who is a rep for the company and she has loads of full size samples, which she has given me over the last few years.

I love there products so much i have bought some if my friend has been unable to get me but at a reduced price as she gets a huge discount.

I have not mentioned the make as i wasn't sure if its allowed but there products are fantastic.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2012, 03:59 PM

I tend to alternate between 3 different brands which I like equally. Oil of O, Nivea moisturiser and Pond's Hydronourishing moisturiser with Vit E. I always use Oil of O eye gel which I find really good if you have tired eyes.

I very often just use Bio-oil on my face, arms and legs during sunny summer days.
mesco m
manchester

17-08-2012, 04:04 PM

Mags. Is it alright then to mentions products by name on here?
Kitty
London
Kitty is female  Kitty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2012, 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by mesco m ->
Mags. Is it alright then to mentions products by name on here?
i wasn't sure thats the only reason I've not mentioned what i use, but if its ok then i am happy to say what brand i use.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top