Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2012, 10:36 PM

Do you collect anything?

Just watched this and thought I'd post here

For more than 50 years, Stephen Johns has been collecting old cars, motorbikes, and other motoring paraphernalia at the Exmoor Classic Car Museum in Porlock.

Mr Johns set up the museum after retiring from the pyjama making business 12 years ago. He now wants to retire for a second time.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-somerset-19290757

I wish I started collecting something now, tho when we were younger we didn't really have anything worth collecting - not after we finished with them anyway
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2012, 11:11 PM

Re: Do you collect anything?

We (that is my ex-husband and I) used to collect pot piggies. Big ones, little ones, of all colours. This was many years ago and they're long gone, but I loved my little piggies.

I used to collect stamps as a kid and beer mats of all descriptions from the different parts of the world I lived in, but I ended up clodding it all out.

However, I do have a large collection of spices which I use in my culinary skills.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2012, 11:12 PM

I used to collect autographs years ago, the last one being of Norman Schwarzkopf just after the Gulf War. I addressed the envelope to General Norman Schwarzkopf, Tampa, Florida, USA ...... not thinking for a moment that I would receive a reply! A few weeks later a large envelope arrived and inside was a large personally signed photo of him and a lovely letter.

Nowadays the only things I collect are fridge magnets of interest and from countries/towns around the world. One of my most treasured ones is of Washington DC which 'our' Eileen sent me last year.
My latest fridge magnets were bought a couple of days ago and are of Wenlock and Mandeville, the London Olympics 2012 mascots.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2012, 07:33 AM

I just collect lame dogs!
Eggiebread
Bristol, UK
Eggiebread is female  Eggiebread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2012, 08:21 AM

I collect figurines of dragons. Big ones small ones, all kinds. Some are exquisitely beautiful and detailed. No idea why I collect them, I just always have done.
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2012, 09:03 AM

I collect garden ornaments. I have three bird baths, four gargoyles and a very ugly litttle elf, two gremlins; four dragons, four mushrooms, various frogs, old boots, fairies, a Buddha and a Sumo wrestler, and various other bits and pieces. And lots of pots, filled with flowering plants.

I also collect old cooking pots, which I make good use of.
I am fascinated by them and picture who may have used them and what was cooked in them.
I think I may have started collecting insect bites too.
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2012, 10:51 AM

I collect duck ornaments, mallards mainly, I just love that duck. Most are china, a few wood, a teapot, an iron doorstop, garden ornaments, they're everywhere!
Graham
South Hampshire
Graham is male  Graham has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2012, 10:58 AM

Brusies from the wife

Seriously, I used to collect Model Railways when I was young and it started my career in electronics later on. I would do it again if i had the space and money for it.
LovelyMeerkat
Lancashire
LovelyMeerkat is female  LovelyMeerkat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2012, 11:01 PM

I collect snowglobes, dragons and anything to do with meerkats.
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2012, 09:06 AM

I have added two very nice ceramic trays to my collection, bought for a pound each at a boot fair. They are in perfect condition.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top