Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2012, 05:34 AM

Happy Monday Folk.

Sheringham , Norfolk. Well folk, it's over and I for one have thoroughly enjoyed it............the Olympic Games that is.
lovemyboys
Chatterbox
Canada
lovemyboys is female  lovemyboys has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2012, 06:43 AM

Re: Happy Monday Folk.

What a gorgeous picture!

I've enjoyed the Olympics also. I've smiled, I've cried, I've applauded, I've looked away cos I couldn't watch, and I've got ticked off at some calls.
I guess that calls me entertained!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2012, 09:15 AM

Good morning fellow members there is an air of autumn this morning with the wind blowing the leaves around and a grey sky Quite depressing really considering how little summer we have had.

Lots to do today my son is coming for lunch which is always something to look forward too.

Have a pleasant day everyone...
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2012, 09:34 AM

Morning all, sunny and warm here in the Midlands but showers forecast for later.

Pottering around and odd jobs this morning, chicken/leek/mushroom pie and veg for lunch and then visiting friends for coffee and cake this afternoon.

Enjoy your day everyone...

Barry
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2012, 09:37 AM

Ramshorn Theatre, Glasgow (it used to be St David's Ramshorn Church and it is the place where my late parents were married in)

Good Morning All Lovely rain and lovely and cool! It was nice to see the sun last week but it was far too hot for both Loki and I! Loki is enjoying the coolness out on the veranda just now

That's a lovely photo, Alan, looks a really nice place. Thanks for sharing.

Hope everyone will enjoy a good day today.

Take care and stay safe
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2012, 09:42 AM

Morning everyone
Well another monday morning and off to work i go, quite warm here at the moment but rain forecast for later, so will have to take everything with me again. (coat, brollie, cardigan, shoes, just in case).
Thoroughly enjoyed the olympics, i too was found, laughing, crying, shouting and clapping very loudly, hoping they could hear me.
My husband thinks i may have lost the plot but if you cannot be there the next best thing will do.
Enjoy your day
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2012, 01:04 PM

Hello folks

It is showery but warm today, our very short summer appears to be over I've noticed many trees starting to shed their leaves already, a sure sign that Autumn isn't far away

Went to the supermarket this morning to replenish the cupboards and at the same time noticed the winter woollies have now replaced the T's and summer tops.

Enjoy your day everyone!
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2012, 03:10 PM

Good afternoon all, it's very warm here today, a few sudden showers here and there, otherwise it's nice, I too think it's goodbye Summer.
Love the photo's, here's a not so old one as I'm sure in 1969 most of you were in your prime.
I'm glad you had a successful Olympic Games and enjoyed them, not my cup of tea, never was into sports, thank God there was no trouble.
Enjoy the last of Summer folks.

The statue of Parnell on the North end of O'Connell Street, notice he's pointing to Mooney's pub a few yards down Parnell Street, the best pint in Dublin back in the sixties, sure Parnell wouldn't steer you wrong.
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2012, 03:30 PM

Brilliant photo, JF! I was in the Mooneys pub he was pointing to Thank you for the memories Great chicken sandwiches there and lovely pints of the Liffey Water (Guinness)

I loved the Dublin pubs - used to go to Meaghers pub, can't remember where it was now but it was on the way to where we stayed in Annadale Drive, which wasn't that far from the Swords Road. Meaghers was a well known pub during the uprising!!

Take care
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2012, 03:40 PM

Ah yes Rosemary, that would be Meaghers of Moore Street, pronounced 'Mars', it was just around the corner, great place for music and ballads back then, sadly gone now. the joke at the time was "The pint is only a shilling in Meaghers" "Is that Meaghers of Moore street?" "No, the far side of the moon"
That's not you sitting reading the paper, is it?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top