Join for free
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2012, 04:55 AM

A very HAPPY Saturday Everyone.

Taken at Annecy in France. 57 medals and still counting, hot sunny skies, fish and chips for lunch...........what more could a man (or woman) ask for !
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2012, 06:34 AM

Re: A very HAPPY Saturday Everyone.

No I cant think of much more than that Alan, Good morning to you and all those about to read. England have done very well.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2012, 07:20 AM

Good morning Alan, Annie, and all to come later....

Another lovely day forecast so it's out in the garden for me, catching up on the jobs that should have been done whilst we have been lazing around in Yorkshire...a great break in a lovely spot by the way...

Salmon, new spuds and beans for lunch and then feet up with a book this afternoon methinks..

Have a great day folks...

Barry
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2012, 09:23 AM

Winter Garden and People's Palace, Glasgow Green

Morning All Much cooler and duller this morning, thank goodness! I can't take the heat at all! Neither can Loki, who refused to go out yesterday!!

Going to Glasgow Green today to hopefully see some of the World Pipe Band Championships, which are taking place there. I don't have tickets but perhaps will see some of the kilties outside the arena! I should have gone to Glasgow yesterday to George Square, they put on a show there! I am taking my neighbour, Anne-Marie's grandson with me. If we don't see the kilties, I will take Jamie into the People's Palace and the Winter Garden instead, it's years since I've been in either of them

Lovely photo Alan Thanks for sharing

Hope you all enjoy a good day today.

Take care and stay safe
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2012, 09:25 AM

Good morning fellow members and another beautiful one too...

No plans for today really, I may wash my bedroom carpet and there are lots of big jobs to do in the garden if it is not too hot.

A nice supper to look forward to this evening of lamb with rosemary and garlic and beans from the garden.

I wish you a pleasant day everyone
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2012, 11:04 AM

Good morning all, great weather over here and it does make a change in the people, you see more of them smiling and some old devil's who would normally grunt at you are smiling and saying hello back, long may it continue.
What more indeed could a man or woman want Alan, reminds me of what my granny used to say about a certain woman "She has everything a man wants, muscles and a moustache."
Annie dont forget our Katie from Bray won a gold medal for boxing, the Irish women were always very good at boxing the ears off us when we were kids, glad one of them finally got something out of it.
Enjoy the Pipe bands Rosemary, little Jamie is in good hands.
Take good care of yourselves
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2012, 11:49 AM

Good morning, 'tis a beautiful day. Clear sky, gentle breeze, just right for sitting with a book and coffee, under the garden brolly, which I will be doing soon
Rosemary, I hope you get some tickets for the championships. The last time we heard a pipe band was at the Lord Mayors Show, some years ago.
Jimmy, you make me laugh with your comments
Have a peaceful day everyone.
Jan

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top