Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2012, 02:56 PM

The wife and I have split

After 53 years of marriage I finally give her marching orders, but we are sharing the house.
So now I sleep on my own, I let her keep the nice new pocket sprung mattress with the latex topper, but I took my latex pillow, I wouldn't be without it.
No I am only joking, but we sleep separately so we both can get a good nights sleep.
Do you have your own bedroom?
Lynne55
Lancs.
Lynne55 is female  Lynne55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2012, 03:06 PM

Re: The wife and I have split

I would love to but the spare room is more of a junk room & there would be nowhere to put all the junk. We've only got the 2 bed rooms
Kitty
London
Kitty is female  Kitty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2012, 03:13 PM

We do have a spare room but neither of us would like to sleep alone, when i have early shifts my OH cannot sleep well without me there, and its the same for me.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2012, 03:46 PM

There's good arguements for both ..

Sleep together ... and enjoy togetherness and a nice cuddle .
Sleep apart ... get a good nights sleep with no one nicking all the blankets .. and enjoy a bit of your own personal space.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2012, 03:50 PM

Good God Arthur!, you ruffled my feathers there for a minute, what a shame that would be after 53 years, though I must admit I've seen it happen. It's not like we can just pop down to the local hop and pick up another one to fill the gap, God be with the days, I can hardly pop down to the local shop.
No we don't sleep apart even if she snores all night, I've become immune to it besides I have the cordless headphones for the TV and Radio, maybe something will happen some night and I might get lucky again, I still believe in miracles.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2012, 04:44 PM

Most definatley, oh sorry I sleep alone but my dog shares the room.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2012, 07:59 PM

You are funny Wrinkley Are you saying that you let your wife take the old bed with her to another room and you got a new one? I bet yours is spring pocketed as well.

Now us, we play musical beds and keep moving in and out with each other.
We both have a room and I have a King sized bed in mine (best bed of course ). He has a perfectly adequate double bed in his room, which is full of mens' rubbish as well. He has visiting rights into the King sized bed, and the pretty feminine room, but he knows he snores and he has what he calls "restless razzy" legs - so he prefers to spread out in his own room for comfort.
I am not saying what he says his problems with me are regarding the sleeping arrangements.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2012, 08:16 PM

That miracle I was praying for Arthur was the one about raising Lazarus from the dead.
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2012, 08:29 PM

We share a bed but if my husband starts to snore, he is asked, none to politely, to vacate the marital bed.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2012, 08:34 PM

Arthur you made me gasp with astonishment for a moment
I love my bed and wouldn't share it with anyone not even my much loved dog Enjoy your freedom to sleep in peace.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top