Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2012, 06:11 AM

Happy Thursday Folk.

More spring flowers. Lovely weather yesterday, we went a walk for the first time in a couple of weeks due to the bad weather.
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2012, 07:20 AM

Re: Happy Thursday Folk.

Good morning Alan and everyone else at OFFers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fd5Id...eature=related

It is another nice day for starters, Mother natures creatures welcoming the day with song plus a few noises coming from the farm.We have a Seagull that follows us on our walk just waiting for handouts of food, this morning it had a young seagull with it so maybe that is it's family.

Plans for today are to relax this morning, have lunch with friends and then start packing our suitcases before we take Eileen to our friend who is going to look after her whilst we are away.

It will be a long drive tomorrow to pick our Grand daughter up then down to Dover for the ferry across to France and then on to Hersin. From there we go to Metz en Couture and Puchevillers before driving down south to spend some time in the Loire Valley.

Lovely photo Alan and such a nice rural scene, the sort that you see all over the Lake District, it makes live worth living seeing Mother Nature in all her glory.

Have a great day and do not forget who the most important person in the world is, " you ".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5EUFm...eature=related
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2012, 08:16 AM

Glad you said that about Eileen ,I was wonering if you still had her, thats brilliant, Annie.
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2012, 08:39 AM

View from my middle bedroom window taken yesterday

Good Morning Folks Cloudy start with a little sun trying to get thru' but it is lovely and cool after the sweltering hot sun of yesterday! I had to persuade Loki to go down the stairs when I was taking her walkies yesterday and she point blank refused at 9 pm though! Wee rascal She as so hot with her thick coat. Hope it remains cool today - I don't like it too hot either!

Lovely photo, Alan.

Hope you have a safe journey Bob and you and yours enjoy a lovely time.

Hope everyone enjoys today.

Take care and stay safe
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2012, 08:56 AM

Good morning Rosemary, annie, Bob and Alan.
It's a beautiful morning, sunny and quite warm. First the mundane, got a line of washing out and one still 'doing'
My better half is busy, still clearing the spot for his new shed I'll have the coffe pot ready soon, and will join him on the pergola, where we will sit quietly and watch the birds at the feeders. Hoping to see rare visitors, long tailed tits...they have been at the fat balls this week but we'd like to see them up close.
Have a peaceful day everyone
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2012, 09:09 AM

Sounds nice and peaceful at Chez Janela, its a bit windy here but its fine so who cares. Have a lovely time AB.
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2012, 09:46 AM

Lovely photos, love seeing all the bloom flowing down the walls,
Not too bad a day here today, quite warm and dry hope i can sit out at lunch today.
Enjoy your day everyone
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2012, 09:51 AM

Good morning fellow member a sunny morning for once.
Chloe is walked, the beans watered, the washing is drying and the bread rising so off to a good start

Lovely pictures, AB I didn't realise you were going away so soon. Have a good time

Rosemary what a great view, what are the mountains in the distance?

Janela a new shed, sounds like you are going to be busy.

Have a good day everyone
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2012, 12:11 PM

Good morning all, a lovely day today in Dublin, I hope it's as good where you are. I got a call from an old workmate who wants to see me for a few jars and a chat about the old days, I haven't seen him in donkeys years, hope I recognize the baldy old git, and him me, (Someone told me he's baldy now) it gets dodgy when two old crocks bump into one another after not seeing each other for a long time.
That looks a lovely place to live Rosemary.
Have a great holiday AB and your good Lady, safe journey.
A new shed Jan!, tell that man of yours he's a lucky devil, wish I was getting another one, I'm a shedoholic as you know, I'll tell you more about that when I get back this afternoon.
Have a lovely afternoon Folks, I know I will

Harvest time and I thought this photo would fit the bill, you would never guess what it's called...."Berries on a Branch"
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2012, 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Good morning fellow member a sunny morning for once.
Chloe is walked, the beans watered, the washing is drying and the bread rising so off to a good start

Lovely pictures, AB I didn't realise you were going away so soon. Have a good time

Rosemary what a great view, what are the mountains in the distance?

Janela a new shed, sounds like you are going to be busy.

Have a good day everyone
That's Ben Lomond to the right of the photo but that big tree hides most of it. The other mountains are those ajoining Ben Lomond (at Loch Lomond) Where I live it is very high up above sea level, hence the reason those mountains can be seen!

Thanks JF - it was a lovely place when I first came here with my late parents and big brother! I didn't know we were moving - Mum packed me off with my big brother to Dublin for 4 weeks holiday and when we flew back to the then Renfrew Airport - I asked why the taxi was taking us in the opposite direction to that of Govan! John told me and I tried to get out of the taxi Yet, I was the one who settled here better than my parents and brother!! That's a beautiful photo as well JF.

The view I do love and that's about all I love about this place!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top