Join for free
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2012, 09:34 PM

The best laid plans...

I really should not be grumpy about this but...

From 01st August I was due to reduce my working hours to pretty minimal, and I was really looking forward to getting stuck in with big jobs at home.

Tomorrow one of my colleagues is seeing a consultant to plan for major cardiothoracic surgery which will mean he is off for several months at least.

For practical reasons for both my workplace and the local public it is better for me to cover my colleague's hours rather than to get someone new in temporarily.

So instead of halving my hours I will be doubling them for the foreseeable future...

So I'm grumpy, though I shouldn't be as I'm not the one facing high-risk surgery. Ho hum.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2012, 10:13 PM

Re: The best laid plans...

Ania I can understand your feeling grumpy having planned how your intended to spend your time.Looking on the bright side maybe you will earn a little more and can use it to pay someone to help you with your big jobs .
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2012, 11:32 PM

Re: The best laid plans...

You have my admiration for putting the care of the public before your own needs. I hope your colleague is well soon and you get to enjoy your leisure time soon.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top