Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2012, 05:28 AM

Happy Thursday Folk.

A tributary of the river Neckar in Tubingen, Germany. Didn't do too much yesterday other than watch the Olympics on TV. Hoping to get my car back today, they will have had it a whole week now.
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2012, 07:05 AM

Re: Happy Thursday Folk.

Good morning Alan and everyone else.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XSlr...eature=related

This morning has started well with Mother Natures creatures welcoming the day in their hundreds. When we were walking along the Bridle path literally hundreds of birds, mainly Rooks and Crows came flying overhead making such a noise that you could not hear yourself think. I dont know why or where they were going but they were heading North towards Carlisle. All the small Sparrows and Starlings hid in the hedgerow until they passed and then came out for food. I wish I had had my camera with me they would have made a great picture.

Plans for today are to relax after yesterday. Tuesday afternoon we went to some friends who surprised us by taking us to a retirement party for a family member which lasted until 4:00am, we did a kids sleep over and then spent yesterday having a wine tasting session which started at lunch time and lasted the rest of the day. Give me Napoleon, Glenfiddich, Jura, Glenmorangie or even Mr Hennessey, wine is not my stuff, I like more body in it.
Lunch is at home with the afternoon being spent with a book or computer magazine, nothing more strenuous.

Lytham

Great picture Alan and it looks neat and tidy.

Have a great day everyone and do'nt go to party given by people a lot younger than you, unless you want to be drained of strength. lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6ob5...eature=related
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2012, 08:26 AM

Loki enjoying playing at Seamill

Good Morning Alan, Bob and All Sun is trying to peak thru' but still damp underfoot. It is a lot fresher though. Yesterday and during the night was far too clammy - couldn't sleep, nor could Loki!! She wanted to play at 1.30 am this morning!! Had to bribe her to go to sleep by giving her a few of her favourite treats!!

Lovely photos, Alan and Bob and love the links, Bob, thanks for sharing

Hope everyone will enjoy a good day today. I'm off into Glasgow at lunch time to meet my friend for coffee and a flies cemetry Love them!!

Take care and stay safe
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2012, 09:03 AM

Morning everyone, sunny and cool here this morning but no complaints compared to what we've had of late....

Mrs PM is off for a haircut this morning so I am going to do a spot of dog sitting and a bit of weeding in the vegetable patch until she gets back. Quiche, new spuds and fresh beans for lunch and then out to the woods with the dogs for an hour is on the cards methinks...

Fly cemetery Rosemary, whats that, an eccles cake...

Enjoy your day folks...

Barry
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2012, 09:22 AM

I'm not a morning person ... and don't get into gear until later in the day

So morning peeps! It's sunny!
Morty over and out ....
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2012, 09:25 AM

Good morning fellow members a bright fresh day and I am putting the new washing machine to the test (if I can work out what all the buttons are for )

Next job is clean the oven the parts of which have seen soaking in the garage overnight.

Lovely pictures thank you, Rosemary Loki is looking well .
Enjoy your day everyone...
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2012, 09:30 AM

Some lovely pictures thank you for sharing.

A nice day here today so far and as usual predicited rain for later. Very muggy though.

Inside all day today so will keep the fan on.

Enjoy your day all
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2012, 09:43 AM

Oh Barry it is a fruit slice but up here we call them flies cemetries Here is the recipe, if anyone is interested

Fruit Slice (Fly cemetery!)

by Anne Lyall
(Edinburgh, Scotland)

2 cups raisins
1 cup currants
1 cup water
1 cup sugar
1 dessertspoon cornflour
1 teaspoon mixed spice

Place all ingredients in pan and boil for 3 minutes.
Put aside to cool.

PASTRY.
1 packet shortcrust pastry
or
12 ozs self raising flour
3 ozs margarine
3 ozs lard
pinch salt
water to make into stiff dough

Rub fats into flour.(fine breadcrumbs)
Add water to mix
Knead together & roll out half to line greased swiss roll tin
Spread over cooled fruit mixture and cover with other half of pastry.
Brush with milk or beaten egg.
Bake in oven 190/375/gas mark 5 fpr 20 - 30 minutes.
Sprinkle with caster sugar.

This recipe is taken from Gallery Cafe recipes.

Thank you, Meg Loki says thank you as well
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2012, 11:22 AM

Thanks Rosemary, that sounds a nice mixture and I will be sure to give it a try....
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2012, 03:38 PM

Good afternoon everyone.
Lovely pictures, especially Loki..what an adorable grin
The recipe looks good too. I think there will be a lot of 'fly cemetries' being made in the next week

Started off bright but we had a downpour about 1pm..rain stopped play in the garden, so we came in, dried off and made a ham sandwich. Just wish it was nice enough to eat in the garden - the weather, not the sandwich
Have a good 'rest of the day'

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top