Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2012, 06:38 PM

Rubbish Photo

There's some lovely countryside to be seen when out on our off-road cycle rides. There are always fly-tippers around who think nothing of messing it up though:

Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2012, 06:49 PM

Re: Rubbish Photo

Isn't this infuriating, but it happens everywhere now I'm afraid and is very difficult to catch people doing it. I must say though, that our local council is coming down very hard on people who are caught, and rightly so.

Perhaps the problem could be eased though by making it cheaper to dispose of waste legally, for example by cutting some of the huge taxes imposed on landfill and recycling facilities in recent years?
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2012, 06:50 PM

That's a rubbish photo, Mart - but I like it!
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2012, 06:52 PM

Hi Martin, that used to be a common sight around here, but it doesn't seem so prevalent these days.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2012, 07:18 PM

It really annoys me to the think there are idiots out there who care so little for for our beautiful countyside

I live on a no through country lane and occasional the odd idiot manages to find its way down here and dumps rubbish usually of the takeaway food variety I take a bin bag down and clear it up to keep my blood pressure under control
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2012, 11:05 PM

It looks like builders rubbish, they will have avoided paying the fees for the disposal.
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2012, 01:54 AM

That looks like DIY rubbish to me. It is very sad to see that.

Up until recently in our (almost) town centre, we had a huge rubbish tip but, because of local cut-backs, it was closed down. There is another one in an area called Ince but, if you're from the west side of town like I am, it is a long way to go, in bad traffic, so this is what happens.

It's disgusting, but I blame the councils for this for not providing adequate tips. It's a disgrace.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2012, 06:58 AM

Reducing the charge for dumping trade rubbish might help. It must cost a bit for a council to go out and clear it up. I wonder if that's more than paid for by the those traders who pay to dump rubbish legally?

I think another reason people fly-tip is because of the long queues at council tips. Week-ends are dreadful. People could spend and hour or more sitting in their cars waiting to dump rubbish. That might make it tempting to drive to a quiet spot and then just shove it out of the car.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2012, 07:40 AM

Well here is the cry"I blame the parents" and all human life, We are the people who just throw whatever away, you see it all over the place. My children were taught to put rubbish in a bin or take it home.The councils should give jobs to people to do the clearing up of towns, our doesnt but there is a man who goes out everyday and picks up. He has the tool given to him by the council but he doesnt get paid.He has pride in the Town.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2012, 01:14 PM

The system in place here for such rubbish is that you keep it on your premises until Wednesday evening, then you put it outside your gate. On Thursdays the local council come along with a special truck to collect it.

The annoying thing is that some people just will not keep the rubbish on their premises until Wednesday evening and simply dump it outside on the pavement. Now, and quite right too, people will be fined for putting it out too early.

I'm talking about DIY rubbish, old furniture, etc, not normal household rubbish, the household rubbish bins are emptied every single night.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top