Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2012, 05:25 PM

RealDraw Pro graphic

Drawn for something to do on a wet afternoon:

Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2012, 10:44 PM

Re: RealDraw Pro graphic

I don't know that software so I'm guessing it's a vector drawing with fills and light source added? Cool.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2012, 11:31 PM

Yes it is Annie Jack. The program has some good tools included. There's one that can push back just part of one object behind another. Ideal for creating the chain links. Drawing interlocking links usually quite complicated in most vector programs but the 'Push Back Object' tool in RealDraw make it easy. It still took all afternoon to complete the graphic though.
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2012, 02:55 AM

Nicely done! I did notice that about the links, yes. I've used CorelDraw since version 1.0 (which I recall came on 8 or 10 of those old 5.25" floppies). Who makes RealDraw?
mart
Chatterbox
South of England

30-07-2012, 06:49 AM

I like CorelDraw and started off with that (version 4). The 'Draw' part of the suite doesn't get used so much now but I still use a lot the included 'PhotoPaint' for photo/bitmap editing. I can't afford the full versions of CorelDraw. Corel sell a Home & Student version though and I have version X5 of that.

RealDraw Pro is supplied by MediaChance who also offer a number of other image type programs. I fell across it one day, downloaded the trial and ended up buying it.

Xara Photo & Graphics Designer is the main program I use. Mrs mart makes cards and I find this the best program for making accurately sized inserts for them. Also good for creating graphics just for fun like RealDraw is.
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada

30-07-2012, 12:10 PM

Thanks... will look into those.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England

30-07-2012, 02:25 PM

Just one more thing you might find interesting. Below is the wireframe view of the graphic. The small circles and oblongs on the links are where the 'Push Back Object' tool has been used to push the top parts of the links underneath the ones below. What a clever tool that is! Mind you, I can't think of anything else to use it on other than links.

Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2012, 02:29 PM

All clever stuff Martin.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2012, 04:21 PM

Flippin heck that's good.

I'm afraid I'm a bit of a Luddite and still drag out the paint box, pastels and pencils.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England

30-07-2012, 04:36 PM

You're better than me then Morticia - I can't draw or paint with the paint box, pastels and pencils. I can only do what the program is capable of. But still, it lets me pretend I'm an artist and the graphics can be pleasing to look at.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top