Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2012, 02:28 PM

Symphony of Science - the Quantum World!

I wish we had things like this when I was a kid - science is one of those things that makes the hair at the back of my neck stand up

Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2012, 06:42 PM

Re: Symphony of Science - the Quantum World!

I think I would have preferred just to have someone try to explain it, without that b****y awful "music".

I adore watching documentaries and being in awe of the science of creation, but so often the program is ruined by background music that makes it almost impossible to hear clearly what's being said..
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2012, 01:07 AM

Originally Posted by plantman ->
I think I would have preferred just to have someone try to explain it, without that b****y awful "music".

I adore watching documentaries and being in awe of the science of creation, but so often the program is ruined by background music that makes it almost impossible to hear clearly what's being said..
I have to agree with you there, Barry.

There's nowt complicated about quantum physics though. All ya have to do is multiply pvc x mot25 = bombulastic manifestations which, when added to perambulatory electrons, then divided by nuclear emnomic encronograms and bombulatory disorograms, you then only have to multiply the calculatory function and add a drop o' tap water to discover origins of life. Simples! Is that a bit clearer, Barry?
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2012, 01:21 AM

The excerpts are from full DVD/Blu Rays - so you can get them without the music

I've seen many of them - they are mind-blowing.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2012, 07:35 AM

Originally Posted by Mollie ->
There's nowt complicated about quantum physics though. All ya have to do is multiply pvc x mot25 = bombulastic manifestations which, when added to perambulatory electrons, then divided by nuclear emnomic encronograms and bombulatory disorograms, you then only have to multiply the calculatory function and add a drop o' tap water to discover origins of life. Simples! Is that a bit clearer, Barry?
And there was me thinking it was the sloop co-ordination equaliser conundrum, interacting with the gigglestick twirler mechanism, so many thanks for putting me right.......
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2012, 02:10 PM

I can see that video getting kids' attention Azz. Youngsters today expect to be entertained, don't they?

Has anyone read "Chaos, Creativity and Cosmic Consciousness"? I pick up my copy from time to time and browse. Some interesting material for sure.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2012, 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by plantman ->

Barry the video is called '' Symphony of Science'' and the music is an integral part of the whole thing , without the music it would be 'Words of Science'.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2012, 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by Azz ->
The excerpts are from full DVD/Blu Rays - so you can get them without the music

I've seen many of them - they are mind-blowing.
It does sound interesting Azz and I will give the details to my son who comes for lunch and spends an hour trying to explain things to me such as why I am not only here in my house but in every part of the universe at the same time
Hammer
NW England.
Hammer is male 

29-07-2012, 05:08 PM

Will the last atom, nucleus, proton, quark or quasar please turn the light out when they leave as dear old aunt Doris has spilt blackcurrent juice down her trouser suit and has gone home with a headache.
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2012, 05:51 PM

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top