Join for free
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2012, 01:49 AM

Yaquina Head Lighthouse

I was reading an online blog from Laurie Excell yesterday (http://laurieexcell.com/) and read about her relaxing day along the Oregon coast. She & her mother visited Yaquina Head Lighthouse and took a number of photographs. Laurie is a well renowned professional wildlife & nature photographer based close to me in Tigard, OR. After seeing the alluring lighthouse photos I decided to see if I could do as well as Laurie so I packed up two cameras & my tripod and headed for the coast this morning. It's a 115 mile drive one way to Newport, OR where you can find Yaquina Head Lighthouse. I had no problem doing so.

It's beautiful! There are plenty of open fields of grass & wildflowers surrounding the area as well as cliffs filled with sea-lions and seagulls. What a postcard opportunity! I really like this shot of that lighthouse.

Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2012, 11:00 AM

Re: Yaquina Head Lighthouse

Lovely Bob that would make a nice little house for me...
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2012, 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Here's another view Meg.

Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2012, 02:04 PM

Lovely photos Bob....
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2012, 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Meg looking at the second pic that Bob posted, it wouldn't take you long to give Chloe a quick walk round the block, would it!
bobmielke
Portland, OR

20-07-2012, 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Meg looking at the second pic that Bob posted, it wouldn't take you long to give Chloe a quick walk round the block, would it!
I had to wait for workers to finish weed whacking that grass you see on the path. There were two of them trying their best to hurry. That's why you see the front lawn appear freshly mowed.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK

20-07-2012, 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by bobmielke ->
I had to wait for workers to finish weed whacking that grass you see on the path. There were two of them trying their best to hurry. That's why you see the front lawn appear freshly mowed.
That was good of them to tidy up the path for your photo shoot, Bob!
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2012, 02:50 PM

Lovely picture Bob. Lighthouses are so impressive, I'm not sure about living there though Meg! Where are the windows?
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2012, 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
.. I don't think Chloe would be too pleased Mags
Imagine getting up to that view every morning

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top