Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
marpaul
North Cumbria
marpaul is female  marpaul has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2012, 07:47 PM

Pink hydrangea

I took this photo in the garden yesterday. I love the shade of pink in this shrub which is my favourite colour.

Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2012, 10:30 PM

Re: Pink hydrangea

I like hydrangea - considered an old fashioned plant now - but I'm an old fashioned gal.
Lovely picture Marian, and a pretty shade of pink.
I have one, it is the lacecap variety, white with a lavender center.
marpaul
North Cumbria
marpaul is female  marpaul has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2012, 10:34 PM

Oh I didn't know it was an old fasioned plant!! But then like you I'm old fashioned This one is growing at the side of the garage so is only quite small and I keep meaning to move it over the winter but always forget! I've got another two which are under trees and always late to flower. Your's sounds lovely
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2012, 10:38 PM

Lovely hydrangea, Marian, such a delicate pink.

Mine didn't do at all well this year, a lot of it appears to have died off Fortunately I took a cutting last year and it's still looking healthy in a pot.
marpaul
North Cumbria

15-07-2012, 10:48 PM

Thanks Mags. Shame your's haven't done so well this year but they'll probably recover for next year and its good that you have a cutting My two growing under the trees have only just started to bud and there's a lot of brown and curly leaves on them.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2012, 10:55 PM

Originally Posted by marpaul ->
Thanks Mags. Shame your's haven't done so well this year but they'll probably recover for next year and its good that you have a cutting My two growing under the trees have only just started to bud and there's a lot of brown and curly leaves on them.
I have a lot of brown and curly leaves on mine, I was wondering if it was due to all the rain we've been getting
marpaul
North Cumbria

15-07-2012, 11:13 PM

Yes probably but didn't we get a late cold spell? Well I'm sure we did up here, sure we had a late frost, but who knows!! I think its been a bad year for flowers this year, they've really suffered.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2012, 06:21 AM

Yes we have havent we,the old varieties especially!
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2012, 06:24 AM

I am not a pink person but that Hydrangia is lovely.Not at all fond of Blue either, must be because I have Green eyes.
dollie
west sussex
dollie is female  dollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2012, 07:15 AM

i moved my hydranga last year to a more sheltered spot in the garden and its done brilliantly...the colour is a very vibrant pink..

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top