Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
ukmartian
Ipswich uk
ukmartian is male  ukmartian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2012, 07:21 PM

BEWARE....scam calls from M/S support centre

Beware all ...if you get a call from PC SUPPORT CENTRE (Asian accent)...it is a scam they told me that my computer was running slow and full of virus's dont let them access your computer...Just enjoy the call and take the @@#@@#'s up the garden path and back again .....I had a lovely 5 minutes winding him up.....,
Seriously though they will tell you that they are aware your computer is running slow because it is loaded with virus's..they will then ask you to allow them remote access to you machine ....DONT let them ,....
They are so thick they never twigged i was winding them up.. after 5 minutes i got fed up and told them where to go ...I wonder if they will ring back ....LOL:
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2012, 07:43 PM

Re: BEWARE....scam calls from M/S support centre

Steve this scam has been around for a long time and I am quite surprised anyone would fall for it in the first place

I would be suspicious of any 'support center' who claimed to know I had a PC at this address and my phone number. I certainly wouldn't waste any time engaging in long conversations with scammers.

ETA I had a call from the 'Microsoft scammers' a while ago, they didn't use my name because they didn't know it. It was a 'random' call and they would have asked me to access a certain website.
I asked how they knew there even was a PC in the house and to tell me my name, they hung up.
ukmartian
Ipswich uk
ukmartian is male  ukmartian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2012, 08:00 PM

Unfortunately there are still people who still fall for this otherwise they would not still trying it on ....We are well aware it is a scam along with lots of others out there ...so why not turn the tables and have a bit of fun at the same time on the at the scammers expense as they are phoning from outside the UK
...In fact it was on TV the other day, and the woman actually recorded the call and led them up the garden path as well ....whilst another was so taken in she lost about £100 and is now scared to use her PC
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2012, 08:10 PM

If I get any calls from someone with an Asian accent I tell them no thanks and put the phone down as I know it will not be anything I am interested in.
Jimmy
Lancashire
Jimmy is male  Jimmy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2012, 08:18 PM

It's a long time since I had a call off them, I wound them up, I made him wait 5 minutes while I pretended to boot up, he ended up calling me illegitimate, and hung up on me.
Maver-rik
London. England
Maver-rik is female  Maver-rik has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2012, 08:29 PM

I've been very lucky recently, I've won the Microsoft lottery, inherited money from a relative in Africa and have also been picked for a very special financial opportunity, and all I have to do is give them my bank details and the riches of Croesus will rain down on me.
ukmartian
Ipswich uk

13-07-2012, 08:29 PM

This is the 3rd call from this this week this time my daughter gave it to me ...He asked me if i was sitting in front of my computer...i said no ,, i was sitting BEHIND it .....then i said it had to boot up .....when i said it had he asked my to click on MY COMPUTER but i said i could see HIS computer ...after a few minutes of me relaying fictitious windows error messages i said i had got the BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH...it was then i confronted him told him he was a bleep bleep scammer hung up and went and had my tea ..lol
Jimmy
Lancashire
Jimmy is male  Jimmy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2012, 09:24 PM

It's okay for them to try and fool you, but they don't like it when you do it back.
mazzie
Scotland
mazzie is female 

14-07-2012, 09:11 AM

That's the best way to deal with these people. I've had one or two calls from them as well. I've found it doesn't take long for them to get fed up listening to me and hang up. I tend to try and not let them get a word in edgeways by talking about all sorts of trivia...............they don't like that.
ukmartian
Ipswich uk

14-07-2012, 11:12 AM

I am glad i not the only one having 'fun' winding them up , but Its such a shame that there are people out there who do fall for their scams ...
I had one company phone me 5 times in 8 hrs trying to give me a loan he was John the Asian ....on the 5th call i was eating my evening meal and i really laid into them / him with, i hate to admit it some pretty torrid language which would make john Terry cringe and slammed the phone down .......2 minutes later the phone rung again so my wife answered it..it was John the Asain complaining that I had insulted him, so My wife had gave him a very polite talking to as well .....I feel that these scammers need to be treated with the com tempt they deserve , after all we did not invite them into our homes ....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top