Join for free
Jonsey
South western France
Jonsey is male 

13-07-2012, 03:21 PM

Out for lunch

Its raining here in France, not that deluge youv'e been having, but a gentle soft rain that you really don't mind walking in.

Because of this I said to my wife, ---"lets go out and have lunch somewhere", I actually phoned my favourite restaurant and booked a table for two, unfortunately the "garcon" didn't enter it in the book and when we arrived the Madame was ---Tres Desolete" ---- she didn't have a spare table, honestly, she was near to tears because we are really regular customers, we said not a problem and decided to go elsewhere.

'The Rejalent" is a restaurant alongside the the river Charente, it used to be a real " arsehole" of a place, but was taken over by a Black man, "Ben" who was a terrific fella, standing nearly 6'-5" tall and built like the preverbial brick toilet.

He spent a lot of cash upgrading the place, but last year, for some reason or other he sold up, it has now just re-opened, so we decided to give it a try.

Again a lot of money has been spent upgrading the place and now can only be described as ---- superb ----- The food was excellant --- the ambience terrific ---- the food was darn near perfecti and the service first class, we came away vowing to visit again in the very near future.

So you see a lot can be said for rain coming down, had it not have been i would have been in the garden working away.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top