Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Jonsey
South western France
Jonsey is male 

13-07-2012, 02:57 PM

John Terry --- not guilty

When are these stupid "treehuggers" going to stop screaming ---racial abuse --- evry time someone calls a coloured person a black bastard in the heat of the moment.

When serving in the services if someone said or did something out of the ordinary and he came from Scotland geordie land /scouse land or wherever you would call him a dozy Scouse / geordie / jock bastard, you are NOT doubting his parentage , nor are you demeaning him, he did or said said something stupid ,in your eyes and you called him whatever, just the same as they called me a Wurzel because i had a southern accent.

Terry earns more in a week than most of us do in a year, the max fine i believe is around five thousand for such abuse as he allegedly said, thats like us getting fined 10p for the same abuse, come on tree huggers --- get a life.
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2012, 03:55 PM

Re: John Terry --- not guilty

John Terry found not guilty of racism in court today.
Personally I think it is another waste of public money, taking this on in the first place.
I blame the FA for stripping him of the England captaincy, which in turn made Capello resign, and costing the FA £6 million.
How do you see it?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-18827915
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2012, 04:42 PM

2 extremely rich idiots with nothing better to spend their money on than lining Lawyers pockets. Both need a good kick in the Bahoochie
mazzie
Scotland
mazzie is female 

13-07-2012, 05:06 PM

There is already a thread about this in The Grumpy Corner. He must be an important fella this John Terry...........two threads dedicated to him.
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2012, 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by mazzie ->
There is already a thread about this in The Grumpy Corner. He must be an important fella this John Terry...........two threads dedicated to him.
I don't come on the Grumpy Corner, because I am not grumpy.
Actually I thought this case was more serious than the grumpy corner, this is so serious it has cost somebody a fortune, namely the FA, it has also made somebody look absolutely ridiculous.
Good Post Jonesy, I couldn't agree more.
As you say when are some folks going to get a life, let's face it if it had been someone like us, we haven't got the big money to fight it.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2012, 06:12 PM

I've no feeling at all for football or footballers but this incident could have happened anywhere.

In a male environment we need to be a little more grown up about things, but let me explain. I have spent most of my life in construction and have called, and been called, virtually everything you could imagine and then some. It is called male banter, and anything that marks you out as different, whether you are tall, short, fat, thin, black, white, ugly, handsome, loud or quiet will make for a decent insult. As long as you give as good as you get then you are fine, but the moment you get all girly and upset you might as well walk away and not look back.

In a tough male environment it was ever thus and will continue to be. Political correctness needs to be kicked into touch and the sooner the better. If you can't stand the heat then get out of the kitchen...or football arena..
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2012, 06:41 PM

I agree with Jonesey and Plantman, slagging goes with being a male, it's all give and take and over and forgotten about very quickly, that has been my experiences anyway, but you can't say boo about anything nowadays or you're breaking some law or another, glad I'm not young anymore, I wouldn't be able for all the new laws they have now.
mazzie
Scotland
mazzie is female 

13-07-2012, 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by plantman ->
It is called male banter, and anything that marks you out as different, whether you are tall, short, fat, thin, black, white, ugly, handsome, loud or quiet will make for a decent insult.
That's the main problem in these days of political correctness. There is no such thing as banter apparently. There's always someone ready to be offended by what somebody else says............and the law allows it to be so. Pah! And they call it progress. I think not.
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2012, 08:12 PM

If he had been found guilty the most he would have got was a £2,500 fine which is peanuts for top footballers so the whole thing was a complete waste of time and money.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2012, 12:36 AM

I read that the £2,500 fine he would have got equals to what he is paid per hour. All that just to kick a ball.............crazy !

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top