Join for free
Jonsey
South western France
Jonsey is male 

12-07-2012, 10:56 AM

The M4 restrictions

The news madia is having a field day, saying its going to very embarrassing should the M4 e closed, or even partially closed during the Olympics.

What would have been far more ---TRAGICALLY EMBARRASIING ---- would be the collapse of that part of the M4, whether that had been just on a normal working day or during the Olympics.

What's the old adage ----- " better to be safe than sorry "--------- seems that doesn't apply to the news media.
mazzie
Scotland
mazzie is female 

12-07-2012, 09:48 PM

Re: The M4 restrictions

The usual media drivel then Jonsey. I should think a safe road would be just a tad more important than a little bit of embarassment because it might be closed during the olympics.
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2012, 11:06 AM

It would have been a bit more than a bit embarrassing as its the main route in from Heathrow and would have caused huge congestion on the other roads. Thankfully it is now fully open.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2012, 03:39 AM

Wouldnt you know they would mess it up,security, good job they hadnt got rid of all the services, soldiers getting them out of another mess then!
Jonsey
South western France
Jonsey is male 

17-07-2012, 09:07 AM

First of all ----------who are THEY ----- Secondly---who aid ANYTHING about getting rid of soldiers. There's a huge difference in a reduction of troops than there is of a disbanding an army.

I woud have thought you'd have realised that the likes of the G4 services are similar to most other firms that 'hire" people for the civil services, they are usually offered a minimum wage and exepected to work for it, some are temporary jobs with no prospects of a permenant position.

It certainly wasn't a shockfor me, to me hear of G4 failing to find a small army of "Security Guards", I mean, if you were on the dole, drawing more money staying in bed than you would be working long hours with the minimal of "creature Comforts" wouldn't you have said ----"stuff it" ---- turned over in your warm bed and gone back to sleep.????

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top