Join for free
Jonsey
South western France
Jonsey is male 

08-07-2012, 06:48 PM

A winner

Perhaps this is not the place to bring tennis up , but I have just watched Murray lose to a worthy champion, and I was so pleased he lost --- and why ---- a few years ago a reporter asked him who he would support seiing Scotland had failed yet again to reach the the play offs for the world cup, ---- he said ---- "Any team that plays against England" ------ which at the time really p'issed me off, and I thought t myself, here's a layer that will play at Wimbledon and expect the fans to get behind him --- God I hope he loses -- and i have thought that thought for a numbr of years.

BUT TODAY

When being interviewed he showed humility , an appreciation of the fans, a real sorrow that he couldn'r quite step up and win, he lost, but this time with dignity and not the usual petulance we have experienced fro him in the past, now I will say

COME ON MURRRAY

and why, because now, today , in losing he has shown a remarkable respect for those that support him.
mazzie
Scotland
mazzie is female 

08-07-2012, 06:56 PM

Re: A winner

Good to have you on the team Jonsey.......I've been a big fan of Murray since he first appeared at Wimbledon and this year he got one step closer to that trophy..................I'm looking forward to next year's tournament.
Jonsey
South western France
Jonsey is male 

08-07-2012, 06:59 PM

If thats the Mazzie I think it is ---hello gorgeous --- yes, I agree i really hope he wins next year
mazzie
Scotland
mazzie is female 

08-07-2012, 07:00 PM

I guess I am Jonsey................there's only one of me.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2012, 07:02 PM

Andy has done a lot of growing up since those days, Jonsey
mazzie
Scotland
mazzie is female 

08-07-2012, 07:03 PM

Especially this year Mags..............his attitude this year has been so much better than in previous years.
Jonsey
South western France
Jonsey is male 

08-07-2012, 07:04 PM

Sweetheart its nice to know you are here, if i missed anyone, apart from Peter, it was you xxx stay in touch - even though we may cross swords
mazzie
Scotland
mazzie is female 

08-07-2012, 07:29 PM

I have no doubt we will cross swords jonsey...............there would be something very wrong if we didn't.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top