Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2012, 04:20 PM

Bed fan keeps you cool beneath the sheets

Innovative... but I wouldn't spend the money!

"A lot of people will run their air conditioner or a room fan if they don’t want to get too hot in bed, but also don’t wish to sleep with no covers at all. If the overheating problem is due to body heat trapped under the covers, however, why not just run a fan in the bed? That’s the idea behind the Bed Fan."

http://www.gizmag.com/brookstone-bed-fan/23089/

The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2012, 05:00 PM

Re: Bed fan keeps you cool beneath the sheets

Not for me Annie. I have an aircon unit and a fan in the bedroom which I use depending on the temperature. Last night was a bit humid so I ran the AC.
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2012, 08:56 PM

I really wouldn't want cool air blowing up my nightgown anyway! Silly idea.
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2012, 09:03 PM

Not sure about that idea either. I use a fan in the bedroom and if it is really hot, a bottle of frozen water stood in front of it is lovely and cooling.
Stand it on a towel, to catch the drips of condensation.
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada

28-06-2012, 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by Janela ->
Not sure about that idea either. I use a fan in the bedroom and if it is really hot, a bottle of frozen water stood in front of it is lovely and cooling.
Stand it on a towel, to catch the drips of condensation.
Good tip using the bottle of frozen water.
Kitty
London
Kitty is female  Kitty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2012, 10:11 PM

novel idea but i think i will stick to my AC when its hot and sticky
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2012, 10:46 PM

I don't think I'd want a fan blowing in the bed either. I have air con, ceiling fan and bedside fan. I like the aircon if I'm doing things but I don't like sleeping with the aircon on, I like the bedside fan on when I sleep, it's nice to feel it blowing cool air on me. If it isn't too hot the ceiling fan gets used, but at the present time we have a night-time temperature still well over 30C so just about everything is getting used.
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2012, 12:01 AM

I must admit I live in a virtual paradise. It's not humid, not hot & always green. It's the Pacific Northwest state of Oregon in the United States. 90% of Oregon's population lives on just 10% of the land, near cities. There's a lot of open wilderness & outdoors. It's the end of June and it's 23C outside with a cool breeze. I have the balcony door open and there's no difference between the outside & inside. I don't need a fan or air conditioner. I just open the screened, balcony sliding door.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2012, 05:57 AM

We sometimes have a fan blowing in the bedroom but end up turning it off because of the whirring noise. A whirring noise and a breeze blowing around the southerly regions wouldn't be for me.
Kath 131
Preston, Lancashire
Kath 131 is female  Kath 131 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2012, 09:24 AM

We have a pedestal fan on even in winter. I think it's just a habit now to have a fan on and we are used to the whirring noise.

Good idea with the frozen water! We are both hot stuff lol. I am forever pushing OH over to his own side of the bed I hate to feel crowded and my skin ends up leaking!

But last night was a hot one, window wide open and fan blowing.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top