Join for free
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2012, 09:19 PM

Jack - Revisited

It was time to check up on Jack The Cat today as his owner, and my best friend, Warren, are out of town. I'm glad I decided to go this morning as it turned out Jack was out of food. I overfilled his bowl & cleaned the water bowl left in the kitchen sink. Then it was time for an up-close visit, petting Jack, who was eager for physical contact. After he calmed down I got down on the living room floor with my D800 & Tokina 11-16mm F/2.8 lens. I've reported before how much I love this lens. It was ideal for the extremely close focusing done on this shot. I set the camera ISO to 6400 and F-stop for 5.6. That gave me enough depth of field to draw attention to his face, while softening the background.

Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2012, 09:26 PM

Re: Jack - Revisited

That's a lovely photo of Jack, he's looking very relaxed there
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2012, 05:47 AM

Re: Jack - Revisited

You obviously know your photography Bob. I put my compact panasonic on "automatic intelligence" and let it do the technical stuff.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top