Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Hammer
NW England.
Hammer is male 

26-06-2012, 06:06 PM

Suspected gas explosion

There has been a massive suspected gas explosion in the Shaw area of Oldham this morning.

Tragically, a child has died and a man has been taken to Wythenshaw Hospital with 80% burns. The lunchtime local news said that another person is trapped in the rubble and a fourth missing.

The scene of the explosion near Buckley Street and Duchess Street is one that I know very well and my heart goes out to everyone in the area but especially to the families of those closely affected.
It is reported that thirty houses and a nursery have been evacuated.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...e-trapped.html
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2012, 06:11 PM

Re: Suspected gas explosion

Yes Hammer, just saw this on the news and was amazed at the scenes of devastation. My condolences go to the families of any bereaved, and my sympathies go to everyone else affected by this tragic accident.....
shaz
Manchester, lancs
shaz is female  shaz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2012, 06:31 PM

Just watched this on the News. My Sympathy goes out to the family of the child which has sadly died, and to those who have been hurt.
Looking at the devastation, It's a miracle not more people were killed or hurt.
marpaul
North Cumbria
marpaul is female  marpaul has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2012, 06:44 PM

Oh my goodness this looks awful. Only just heard about it. Sorry to hear about the child dying and people being hurt.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2012, 06:50 PM

How dreadful,have just seen this.
Bob.b
Nottingham UK
Bob.b is male  Bob.b has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2012, 07:02 PM

So very very sad to hear about this disaster, words cannot convey the shock that those poor people are suffering, God bless them all.
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2012, 07:09 PM

A dreadful tragedy. My thoughts are with the families of those affected by this.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2012, 09:58 PM

Goodness me! what devastation Looking at those pictures I'm amazed more people weren't killed.

My heart goes out to the family of the child who was killed and to all those who have been injured and shocked by this tragedy.
Berxer
Chatterbox
S.Wales, UK
Berxer is female  Berxer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2012, 10:23 PM

Really tragic!

On the latest news, they're now suggesting it was deliberate!
Hammer
NW England.
Hammer is male 

26-06-2012, 10:41 PM

Originally Posted by Berxer ->
Really tragic!

On the latest news, they're now suggesting it was deliberate!
Yes Carmen, I have just seen our local news and it seems that the whole area is now being treated as a crime scene.

The fatality is thought to have been a two year old lad and the man in hospital is twenty seven.

Many people still cannot go back home this evening.

An absolute tragedy.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top