Join for free
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2012, 03:51 PM

Cumulonimbus Cloud.

This was taken late in the evening from my back garden. I watched this stormcloud develop from nothing in a matter of a few minutes. With the evening sun reflecting from it it was quite a spectacle. I emailed it to the meteorological office in Norwich and was told it was quite a catch as there were only three of these in our region on that evening. It's a bit fuzzy as I enlarged it quite a bit.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2012, 06:38 PM

Re: Cumulonimbus Cloud.

Very unusual, Alan!
marpaul
North Cumbria
marpaul is female  marpaul has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2012, 12:37 AM

Great photo Alan. Is that what's called a Sun Dog? Its just that I've been looking at something similar on another site and been reading about them.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2012, 05:01 AM

Originally Posted by marpaul ->
Great photo Alan. Is that what's called a Sun Dog? Its just that I've been looking at something similar on another site and been reading about them.
I honestly don't know Marian, it's a cumulonimbus with the evening sun reflecting from it as far as I know.
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2012, 03:26 PM

Very dramatic!

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top