Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2012, 04:56 AM

A Very Happy Friday Everyone.

Like yesterday's photo, this was taken from the bridge at Tubingen in Germany. A view of the old town lining the river Neckar. More rain this morning, at least all my veggie crops are growing like mad.
marpaul
North Cumbria
marpaul is female  marpaul has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2012, 08:49 AM

Re: A Very Happy Friday Everyone.

Good morning Alan and what a lovely wet one it is too!!

No walk for Bonnie just yet, she's showing no signs of wanting to go out, she's had her breakfast and is curled up asleep in her bed. She hasn't even been out for a wee! I'll feed the birds in a minute so will put her out then
I went to bed very traumatised last night having had to put outside a very large slug again, this has to be the biggest one so far, yuk!! It was at least 4 inches long and abut half an inch wide

I have a meeting later on this morning over the border and that's about exciting as the day gets! A friend is meant to be participating in the Great North Swim in Windermere tomorrow but with all this rain it may be cancelled which is a shame as she's been doing so much practice for it.

Lovely photo Alan, here's one I took the other day nr Kirkby Stephen.

Enjoy your day folks and try and stay dry
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2012, 09:07 AM

Good Morning, Another Wet Horrid Day here, Wee Dageus Pup is bounding about like a Mad Thing as he never got a Walk Yesterday. Soooo I'm going to have to take him in a wee while and get us both soaked through.
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2012, 09:09 AM

Morning everyone
Well it hasent started raining yet but again it is forecast. Very dull and overcast but dry at the moment.
Went out for a coffee early with my husband, love it when he comes into town for a coffee before i start work.
Hope the weekend is fine as i need to get out in the garden again.
Enjoy your weekend all.
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2012, 09:18 AM

Lochwinnoch

Good Morning Everyone We are back to our usual "Summer" weather up here - very wet, no wind and clammy!

Loki will only be getting a quick walk this morning as I am going into Glasgow to meet my pal and her husband, they are over here on holiday from the States. Helena is a Glaswegian but went over to the States many years ago. They were in London seeing one of their sons, who was stationed in London before going to do another tour of duty in Afghanistan. He has now gone so Helena and Dean are up here now. Looking forward to catching up with her. Helena and I had great times at the dancing in Glasgow Those were the days!

Lovely photos Folks

Hope you all enjoy a good day today, whatever the weather

Take care and stay safe
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2012, 09:20 AM

Morning all..

Wet and windy here again so looks like more housework on my agenda for a couple of hours before cooking a fry up for lunch. Mrs. PM is making a caramelised apple cake for our visitors this afternoon to have with our coffee and chat...yum yum...

Marian, best thing for slugs is just to bit of salt on them and they will melt before your eyes..

Enjoy your day all, in spite of the awful weather...

Barry
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2012, 10:03 AM

Good morning all, lovely pictures again folk.
Wet, cool and windy here..so no pottering in the garden for me
I popped out into the garden last night and cut a few flowers to put in a vase - nice to see them while making the coffee this morning.
No plans for today, still waiting for a delivery. If it arrives early, I might go to the garden center, I need slug pellets, two large pots and some pepper plants..mine have been eaten in the greenhouse - found a big snail on the bench in there.
Enjoy your day whatever you are doing (that caramelised apple cake sounds delicious Barry - haven't made an apple cake in years!)
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2012, 10:41 AM

Good morning fellow members grey and grim again here as usual.

I have just made some cream of onion soup for lunch adding a bit of fresh garlic from the garden which is growing really well now .

Chloe has gone back to bed, she hates the heavy rain and gives me very dirty looks when we go out for a walk.

Baby sitting duties later then hopeful a quiet weekend
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2012, 11:01 AM

Good morning all, rain, rain and more rain tomorrow that sums the weather up over here. the shed has sprung a leak and I dont blame it after all the rain, it's one of those annoying drip leaks so I have a large plastic bucket under it until I get a break in the rain to get on the roof and fix it with this special fixing tape I bought, anyway I'm not working under Chinese torture conditions, so it's off to the pub at lunchtime and keeping my fingers crossed for a break in the rain when I get back. 'Raindrops keep falling on my head'.
Stay dry Folks
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2012, 12:18 PM

Good morning all. I had a great day walking the circuit at the zoo yesterday. Since it cost me nothing to enter because of my annual membership I take advantage of all the sights while getting some fun exercise.

We've had some really nice weather this week, with temperatures around 28C and sunny. We just officially started Summer so it's time for our annual warm up and dry out. It traditionally happens around the Fourth of July.

I'm out for my daily 2 mile walk this morning. My vehicles rarely get used any more as I've manage to discover all my need within walking distance. My barber, groceries & dentist are all about a mile from my house. I carry my camera along for can shots and photos of flowers along the way.

Have a great weekend all. Hug someone today, even if it's yourself.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top