Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2012, 05:49 AM

Happy Thursday Folk.

This was taken 2 weeks ago at the bridge over the river Neckar in Tubingen, Germany where my son lives.After a very nice summery day yesterday it's raining again this morning. Still, I got my walk and pub lunch in yesterday in the dry.
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2012, 07:12 AM

Re: Happy Thursday Folk.

Good morning Alan and all others.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChFvhTUBOL0
It is raining cats and dogs here but that has not stopped Mother Natures creatures from singing the heads of whislt chasing around for their breakfast.

Plans for today aftre a check-up this morning at hospital are packing a couple of suitcase ( half packed now) as we are taking off for a few days, nowhere planned just where the car takes us heading south.

A blot on the landscape.

Alan a great picture with lost of clour and not a sign of litter in the river.

Barry great to hear your good report, it does give you peace of mind when things are favourable.

Stay safe and take care.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7uChe...eature=related
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2012, 08:58 AM

Morning everyone, summer solstice today, but it certainly doesn't look like summer outside....

Household chores are done and just enjoying a coffee before nipping out to see an old friend for an hour whilst Mrs PM goes to the hairdressers. I'm cooking salmon parcels and new potatoes for lunch, and then an afternoon with a book is on the cards methinks...

Thanks for your good wishes Bob and yes, whoever thought we needed windmills on our moorland wants stringing up on one....

Enjoy your day folks...

Barry
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2012, 09:21 AM

Bridge into Lochwinnoch

Good Morning Everyone Dull morning so far and windy but not cold outside.

That's a beautiful photo Alan, the colour of those flowers are brilliant.

I agree Bob, those pesky whirlygigs are a blight on our landscapes!

Many thanks for sharing the links, Bob.

Hope everyone will enjoy a good day today.

Take care and stay safe
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2012, 09:45 AM

Morning everyone
Oh dear the weather has turned again, very dull and overcast at the moment but rain expected later. Still very warm.
Will still try and get out for a walk later.
Enjoy your day
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2012, 09:50 AM

Good morning everyone though that is not strictly true as the rain returned with a vengeance last night and the view from the window is gloomy.

I should have been babysitting this morning but Eleanor has a bad cough and can't go swimming. I am quite relieved that I don't need to go out having woken up with tummy ache and can now have an easy day .

Enjoy your day all who pass this way..
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2012, 10:32 AM

Good morning all. I'm up way too early this morning. It's my own fault for not taking my Aleve pain medication because of all the exertion I expended in yesterday's activities. I was pretty sore and beat up when I went to bed last night.

I have no plans for today except to rest up and look for ways to enjoy the nice weather we have right now. Have a good day all.
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2012, 11:07 AM

Morning all, grey, cold and damp here. Had planned to work in the garden, finishing off the planting out but will clean and tidy the greenhouse instead..a nice warm job
Just waiting for a small delivery first, so I'm on hold until after lunch
Household chores are done but not the washing - I don't think it will dry out there and I'm not putting the heating on, just to dry clothes
marpaul
North Cumbria
marpaul is female  marpaul has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2012, 11:33 AM

Morning everybody. Lovely and damp day here so far, rain is on and off and I managed my dog walking duties in the dry, phew!

My outing the day before yesterday didn't uncover any frog orchids which I was disappointed about, and just saw a few of the Marsh ones and just one Common one However, the views were simply stunning which made up for the lack of orchids and when I get a minute will post a few of the photos.

Barry I'm so pleased that you got the all clear from the hospital AB enjoy your few days away whereever your car takes you! Meg look after yourself

I am drowning in paperwork, mainly work stuff, so must get focussed and get on with that and before I go here's a photo I took yesterday of a sailing boat which was fishing in the Solway. Its so rare to see any boats of any description in the Solway that I just had to mark the occasion

Lovely photos again Alan, AB and Rosemary!

Enjoy the rest of your day folks
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2012, 12:44 PM

Hello!

Dull with a mass of cloud but it's thankfully dry after a night of rain. Still very humid though...

All household chores are done bar the ironing which will be tackled this afternoon.

AB - hope your hospital check up went well. Enjoy your few days away

Meg - I hope your tummy ache eases throughout the day, try cuddling a hot water bottle. Poor Eleanor, I hope her bad cough clears soon.

BobM - Hope your aches and pains will ease soon..... take things easy.

Another bridge to add to today's watery theme is the Mostar Bridge over the River Neretva in Bosnia. Young lads amuse the tourists (and line their pockets) by jumping into the river below ......

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top