Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2012, 05:42 PM

Virgin Media Broadband

I have had this for 2 years with no problems and have been very impressed by the speed down the cable. Then on Saturday suddenly I have no internet all day. I rung them and a technician is coming round on Tuesday. Today it came back with slow speeds this morning but back to normal this afternoon. I thought of cancelling the Tuesday appt but think I will still get him to look at it. I am going to be working from home quite a bit during the Olympics and need it to be OK. Anyone else had probs with Virgin like this.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2012, 05:53 PM

Re: Virgin Media Broadband

Originally Posted by The Dog Lover ->
I have had this for 2 years with no problems and have been very impressed by the speed down the cable. Then on Saturday suddenly I have no internet all day. I rung them and a technician is coming round on Tuesday. Today it came back with slow speeds this morning but back to normal this afternoon. I thought of cancelling the Tuesday appt but think I will still get him to look at it. I am going to be working from home quite a bit during the Olympics and need it to be OK. Anyone else had probs with Virgin like this.
There have been a few occasions when connection has been disrupted for a short time but only once when I had to send for help and it turned out to be a part which needed replacing.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2012, 06:04 PM

We've been with them for around five years and have had very few problems, all of which have been dealt with quckly and efficiently, usually by one of their technicians remotely. We have just upgraded to their new SuperHub which doubles up as a router and are very pleased with the increased speeds. All in all a good provider we think...
Bob.b
Nottingham UK
Bob.b is male  Bob.b has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2012, 07:07 PM

We have been with Virgin Media (previously Ntl world) for several years and, like you plantman have recently upgraded to a new package which includes a new super hub and Tivo box, always had their phone as well, must admit that we have been very satisfied with all aspects of service and the engineer that came to effect the latest upgrade was a true ambassador for the company. Needless to say my wife was thrilled to bits when he set up her new laptop for her!
All in all, no complaints about Virgin media from this end.
Lynne55
Lancs.
Lynne55 is female  Lynne55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2012, 07:25 PM

We changed over from Sky to Virgin in January - Hubby wanted the Tivo Box We are paying about £30 a month more than we did for Sky
I bought a new laptop in February & I noticed that I couldnt watch video's or YouTube on it wirelessly without it buffering a lot. Just able to watch a few seconds & then it stops to do some more buffering. A few weeks ago I noticed that I couldnt upload anything on the laptop e.g. to Flickr, Photobucket or to Yahoo where I need to upload some images of Parish records that I need help with when the writing is bad.(for transcribing)
I tried the speed tests & while the download speed was fine It timed out with the upload speed test.
We phoned Virgin - they changed a few settings on the remote screen but couldn't fix it so they sent an engineer out, he upgraded us from 10mb to 30 mb & checked the settings again Still no joy. While the download speed is great I still cant upload anything. Everything on the main Computer works great its just the laptop being wireless. It does work if I hard wire it but then I would need to have a cable about 12 ft across the room which defeats the object.
I went into PCWorld where I got the Laptop from all they could suggest was that it might be a software problem & to wipe it & start again which I did but its still not cured it. The old laptop works wirelessly fine on both Download & Upload so I dont know if its the laptop or a wireless problem. Very frustrating what ever it is
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2012, 07:55 PM

Another Virgin Media here. Only recently had problems with no internet access. Happened about four times over the past month and the chap came out the same day and fixed it. Something about the router not locking on. Last week they told me our cable must be old by now and are due to fit a new one this week. Considering we have been moved through Cable and Wireless, Nynex and NTL to Virgin over the years I can't complain either.
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2012, 07:56 PM

Thanks guys for your replies. I will keep my appt as I think its still a bit slow. See what he says Tuesday
shaz
Manchester, lancs
shaz is female  shaz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2012, 09:58 PM

I have been with virgin/ ntl for about 15 years. Not had many problems.
Got the new hub, it has been fine with the TV and Internet. But the son has problems at times with his playstation 3. Only get 50% output at times. This only started when we got the hub. Virgin said they could sort it. If we paid them £60.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2012, 09:13 PM

wondered if it was the weather as my internet was down last week and when it came back it was very very slow, up and running again now after the man came, I am with BT and have the Hub3.
ukmartian
Ipswich uk
ukmartian is male  ukmartian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2012, 06:13 PM

I have got Virgin media , I have had them since they were NTL to be honest their broadband is the only thing at the moment keeping me with them In the last 15 years I have had so few problems i could count them on 1 hand....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top