Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2012, 12:13 PM

Soups.

I am just in the process of making a pea and ham soup, which is a particular favourite of my husbands. We will be having it later with some hot crusty rolls.
I don't make them all the time, just when the mood takes me. Himself is outdoors, getting rid of some ivy, so I thought I would treat him
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2012, 12:56 PM

Re: Soups.

I love home made soup Mall my favourite is Asparagus
I haven't made any yet this year, the little greengrocers shop I usually get the sprue from has closed down .

I make soup every week in the winter and freeze some. It makes a healthy tasty meal served with my home made wholemeal bread rolls.

I am sure your husband will be looking forward to his meal
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2012, 01:08 PM

I love home made soup as well and make (when I feel like it) Scotch broth and Chicken and barley broth (don't like rice in soup, so I use barley!)
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2012, 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I love home made soup Mall my favourite is Asparagus
I haven't made any yet this year, the little greengrocers shop I usually get the sprue from has closed down .

I make soup every week in the winter and freeze some. It makes a healthy tasty meal served with my home made wholemeal bread rolls.

I am sure your husband will be looking forward to his meal
He was hot, sweaty and hungry and he couldn't make his mind up wether to shower and shave before he had his lunch, or to have his lunch outdoors before showering.
I would not let him eat indoors in his sweaty condition

He opted to eat outdoors

I have never made Asparagus soup, so I will put that on my to do list.
Kath 131
Preston, Lancashire
Kath 131 is female  Kath 131 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2012, 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by Brandykins ->
I love home made soup as well and make (when I feel like it) Scotch broth and Chicken and barley broth (don't like rice in soup, so I use barley!)
Brandykins please can I have our receipe for Scoth Broth I can never get it to taste just right!

Sorry to jump in on your thead Mesco, I do admire you making your own soups they are so much tastier and healthier homemade. I am a big fan of soup especially with barley in it. Being from a big family and not very well off, my mother always made soup with leftover anything and always put either lentils or barley in, it lasted about a week with watering it down! As did her stews lol

Any recipes appreciated!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2012, 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by Kath 131 ->
Brandykins please can I have our receipe for Scoth Broth I can never get it to taste just right!

Sorry to jump in on your thead Mesco, I do admire you making your own soups they are so much tastier and healthier homemade. I am a big fan of soup especially with barley in it. Being from a big family and not very well off, my mother always made soup with leftover anything and always put either lentils or barley in, it lasted about a week with watering it down! As did her stews lol

Any recipes appreciated!
I'm in agreement with Kath, please share your home made soup recipes with us........ you can post them in the Recipe section here:
http://www.over50sforum.com/showthread.php?t=102
..... where they will be easier to find
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2012, 02:28 PM

I often make soup on Fridays when Sheila has the morning out shopping with her one-time workmate, spicy parsnip is my favourite.
mesco m
manchester

13-06-2012, 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by Kath 131 ->

Any recipes appreciated!
No need to apoligise Kath. The thread is all about soup anyway.
Willow
UK
Willow is female 

18-06-2012, 08:23 PM

My youngest daughter makes her own soups and they are delicious. I used to make mine, but can't be bothered these days, so buy cartons of the stuff from the supermarket.
mesco m
manchester

26-08-2012, 04:57 PM

Considering the lousy weather, I decided to make a batch of Broccoli and Stilton soup. Very nice it is too, if I do say so myself

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top