Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2012, 04:59 AM

Have a Super Sunday Folk.

. This was taken in the garden of Villa Carlotta on the shore of lake Como, Italy.For a change we had a dry day yesterday so we went on one of our walks alongside a lake. It was quite a windy day so we saw hardly any waterbirds. We've noticed before that they all seem to disappear when it's windy.
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2012, 07:12 AM

Re: Have a Super Sunday Folk.

Good morning Alan and all who venture here.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwCGW58DTE4

The rain has stopped at last and mother natures creatures are taking full advantage of the fact, out in the droves to find food, singing at the top of their voices to welcome the day and generally seeming to be enjoing themselves.
Plans for today are to do a quick shop and then join friends for lunch before spending the afternoon lazing around the home doing nothing in particular.

Many a day we have spent walking here.

Marian the picture, if I have the right one (Monday's) it was Stickle Pike near Ulpha.

Alan, great picture and full of colour, Mother nature does have the most colourful produce.

Have a great day everyone and be like the very enjoyable film I watched (Unusualy)last night ladies

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7K8Sp...eature=related
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2012, 08:43 AM

Morning everyone from an unusually dry and bright Midlands.

I'm cooking the Sunday lunch today of roast beef and trimmings. I've got all the veg ready and the meat is in the oven, so just enjoying a coffee before cutting the hedge alongside the drive. We'll be out with the dogs after lunch, and then spend the afternoon with cups of tea and papers methinks...

Have a great day yourselves...

Barry
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2012, 08:47 AM

Seil Island

Morning All Dull and dreich start so far but at least no heavy rain!

Lovely photos, Alan and Bob. And links as well Bob - good ones, many thanks for sharing.

Take care and stay safe
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2012, 08:58 AM

'morning Alan and all above

Looks like another sunny day, we had +22C yesterday 'tho it did rain for ten minutes in the afternoon

More lovely photos, I love looking at them, have a relaxing Sunday all of you.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2012, 09:26 AM

Morning fellow members and a pleasant one it is too at the moment

Chloe is walked, the beans hoed, suckers removed from the strawberries ,the kitchen floor washed and I am now ready to do the ironing and to make some meals for the freezer while listening to the Archers .

Enjoy your day everyone whatever you decide to do....
Graham
South Hampshire
Graham is male  Graham has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2012, 10:07 AM

As its Sunday, its wet and windy outside. Time to go out and get my porridge and toast from the local supermarket...then off for more shopping (which seems to be all I'm doing this weekend).

Have a good one....
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2012, 10:40 AM

Good morning everyone bright and sunny at the moment, I hope it stays for a while.

We have Katie for Sunday lunch as her brother is playing in an under 9's football tournament today and she doesn't fancy standing around in, maybe, rain for hours on end!

This photo was taken six years ago from the grounds of our hotel on an island in the Nile - a view across the Nile to the Valley of the Kings.

Enjoy your day everyone!
marpaul
North Cumbria
marpaul is female  marpaul has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2012, 11:25 AM

Hello everybody, its a dull day here but so far its dry so far. Nothing too exciting happening today, working this evening so really hoping that it stays dry as I will be in Loweswater which means that Bonnie will get a little walk by a lake

Grass is too wet to cut and my two wheelie bins are empty and its collection day tomorrow so perhaps I'll do some weeding instead as would hate them to remain empty!!

Lovely photos again and AB thanks for the info on Monday's photo location, yes that is the one and I've made a note of it. I really want to walk up that footpath

Here's one of mine from Ireland which is one of the best holidays I've ever had! I would so love to see a beach like this again.

Enjoy the rest of your day folks
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2012, 12:37 PM

Good morning to all. I took an exploratory scooter ride yesterday to check out a future photographic shoot. It's called the Portland Women's Forum and is located atop a mountain. Although basically just a parking lot, it happens to have a unique view of the Columbia River Gorge. Also included in that same vantage point is the famous Vista House, a tourist stop with forest rangers and volunteers on site that guide visitors from all over the world to local spectacular sights.

I'm glad I made the trip because I learned how to get there, even in the dark. That's important if you want to capture the light at sunrise. The other lesson learned is that my lightweight, highly portable tripod is insufficient for the task at hand. There's too much wind at the top of that mountain so all the test shots taken yesterday were ruined by camera shake. I will brink my Big Bertha of a tripod next time. It also contains a centrally located hook to hang a camera bag for additional rigidity. Planning ahead turns out to be a good idea sometimes.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top