Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2012, 11:33 AM

Washing Machine Moans

I bought a new Beko washing machine at the end of April and after a few weeks it developed a fault. I rang customer services and eventually got an appointment for an engineer to call last Friday. The office rang in the morning to say the engineer had rung in sick and I would have to make another appointment as he was the only engineer they had operating in the area (Watford being a large town, not exactly a rural location !) So I made another appointment for today and he arrived early admittedly and after an inspection said it needs a new pressure switch which has to be ordered. It will take at least a week and then I have to make another appointment for him to fit it. Now this is not too bad for me living on my own as I have a handy laundrette just up the road but if I had a young family and using the washing machine every day it would not have been good. I bought the Beko as it was a good price and I have their condenser dryer which I have been really pleased with but the same can't be said for their washing machine which fails a few weeks from purchase.

So its back to the laundrette tomorrow to get my washing done
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2012, 12:06 PM

Re: Washing Machine Moans

That's poor show on the company's part...and I expect they will want you to pay for all the 'call out' fees
You'll have to look at the guarantee, maybe demand a new machine.
pixie
Canada
pixie is female  pixie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2012, 12:23 PM

yikes thats verry frustrating for you
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2012, 12:32 PM

That's poor Val, having had the washing machine for such a short period of time I think they should, at least, replace it with a new one.
marpaul
North Cumbria
marpaul is female  marpaul has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2012, 05:30 PM

That's not very good. I would have thought they'd give you a new one as its so new.
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2012, 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by Janela ->
That's poor show on the company's part...and I expect they will want you to pay for all the 'call out' fees
You'll have to look at the guarantee, maybe demand a new machine.
I won't be paying for anything in the circumstances as its under guarantee and I am using the repairers that Beko said I should. After its all fixed I will be writing to Beko saying I am less than happy. Ironically Beko are based in Watford. If the part doesn't solve the problem I will demand a new machine.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2012, 10:25 PM

You do,I have a Beko one as well and it was out of action for a week,have to say I have had it about 3 years and use it nearly everyday so cant complain,but I did for the whole week!.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2012, 10:27 PM

When i was first married we lived in a flat and had no hot water, I boiled the water on the gas cooker and washed by hand,can you imagine how they would complain now adays if that was the case.
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2012, 06:48 AM

Originally Posted by The Dog Lover ->
I won't be paying for anything in the circumstances as its under guarantee and I am using the repairers that Beko said I should. After its all fixed I will be writing to Beko saying I am less than happy. Ironically Beko are based in Watford. If the part doesn't solve the problem I will demand a new machine.
If you bought your machine in April this year you are entitled to a 'replacement' or 'your money back'. do not be fobbed off by the store, or Beko,tell them that the product is not fit for purpose under the trades description act.
ukmartian
Ipswich uk
ukmartian is male  ukmartian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2012, 11:06 PM

I used to be a W/m service engineer and in my day parts such as pressure switches where a standard and usually universal to several different models or even makes...if i did have to order parts it was usually 24-48 hr delivery ....To fit a pressure switch will take a engineer approx 5-10 mins so he should be in and out in 1/2 hr tops....On the other hand i have a BEKO W/M my son has a Beko along with a friend ...and from an engineer's point of view i am very impressed with the performance...these machines are made in Turkey and were once classed as a low price budget low quality machine, but they are now getting up with the big boys ...don't be to dis-heartened that it has failed as i have seen top class machines do exactly the same....

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top