Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2012, 04:51 AM

Morning Has Broken (Tuesday)

'Tis closing in on 5 a.m. The birds are singing to welcome the new day.

It's the day of the Jubilee Celebrations but, for the life of me, I can't imagine why. The Queen ascended the throne on 6 February 1952 (60 years and four months ago) just after her dad died, but wasn't crowned until 2 June 1953!

So, the 60th year for the Queen should have been in February this year, or to wait until June next year when she was crowned.

In any event, I hope whatever you're all doing, you have a lovely time.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2012, 05:10 AM

Re: Morning Has Broken (Tuesday)

This was taken near Berchtesgarten in Bavaria about 4 years ago. We've just had a nice holiday in Germany near where our son lives. The weather was fairly kind to us and the German beer was great !
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2012, 07:16 AM

Good morning Alan and everyone else.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPoNH4gidLg

What can I say, I was blown away with the Diamond Jubilee Concert last night, she who must be obeyed thought I had lost my marbles. I set up two TV's side by side, one with the Jubilee concert playing and one with How to be an England manager, well I did not want to miss them, it was out of this world, I loved BBC three but I really wanted to watch the Jubilee concert. Grace Jomes keeping a hola hoop going whilst singing was terrific,Tom Jones with Delila he has come a long way since the Cranberry Inn in Darwen where I first met him and not a rabbit to be seen, sorry Private joke, Tom used to make rabbits with his handerchief and place it inside his pants to encourage the ladies. but hey I am not singling out any turn the whole concert blew your mind.
What! check you pulse, if that concert did not get you feet tapping or your hands clapping you must be brain dead.

Ok now back to the mundane realities of life, lovely walk this morning with the echo,s of last night still lingering in my mind and mother natures feathered creatures brining back the memories with their singing to welcome the day, life could not get better.

Plans for today are to set off shortly to meet our lunchtime friends and share our special Jubilee lunch with them, who knows what will happen after that.

Nice Picture Alan and good to see you back safe and sound.

Anyway have a great day and like those in the Mall did last night enjoy whatever the day brings.

Please join me in this and stand to attention.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlDfR98bA9A
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2012, 08:18 AM

Good moring Mollie and everyone. Quiet day today for us, I think. We have had a bit of trauma over the last few days and I now feel emotionally exhausted and wan't a bit of peace and quiet.
Enjoy your day everyone - is this the main day out of the four for celebrations, or was that yesterday - somewhat lost track, it's been oging on so long.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2012, 09:40 AM

Good morning all, back to the rain today, what swinging weather we are having, lovely one day terrible the next. I hope all the British members are enjoying their celebrations and not drinking too much, them hangovers can be fierce.. Hope everything is sorted now Rena.
Make the best of the day Folks.

After a Scottish Castle yesterday it's an English one today, and if you don't know which one, your sacked!.
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2012, 10:10 AM

Good Morning Alan, Bob and All Dull start to the day so far but if it turns out as good as yesterday did - both Loki and I will be happy chappies

Oh, Bob, I am loving every minute of the Diamond Jubilee celebrations. I love the Queen and believe she is a great embassador to our nation. Long May She Reign.

I watched parts of the Concert last night - my highlight was Shirley Bassey! She still has what it takes!!

Lovely photo Alan and glad you had a good holiday.

Lovely photo of the Palace, Bob! I remember a few years ago, when I was still working and I was down at headquarters at Clapham, I went for a walk and ended up standing in front of the Palace eating an ice cream cone - many others doing the same. Next day in the papers, Prince Andrew seemingly said to reporters that he was fed up looking out and seeing people standing outside the gates eating ice cream!! Good idea to watch your two programs at once

Watching the Service of Thanksgiving - brilliant so far! I love St Paul's, a magnificent cathedral.

Watching all the celebrations makes me proud to be British!

Enjoy a good day everyone.

Take care and stay safe
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2012, 10:34 AM

I think I read the signpost wrong and drove into the wrong lane here, stupid I know, but I blame that young Mollie girl, I thought she was up all night celebrating the jubilee and had one over the eight.(only messin' Mollie)
hazel
Lancashire U.K.
hazel is female  hazel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2012, 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by jemflux ->
Good morning all, back to the rain today, what swinging weather we are having, lovely one day terrible the next. I hope all the British members are enjoying their celebrations and not drinking too much, them hangovers can be fierce.. Hope everything is sorted now Rena.
Make the best of the day Folks.

After a Scottish Castle yesterday it's an English one today, and if you don't know which one, your sacked!.
only been sacked once before, it's lovely though.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2012, 11:03 AM

Good morning fellow members dull and chilly here today .

I have very little hair left having torn it all out trying to make myself understood with both my ISP customer support and BT customer support in Malaysia or somewhere. They didn't understand most of what I was saying nor I them and they were clearly reading from a written script.
I was trying to resolve my ongoing internet access problems.
Not sure how far I have got .

At least I have a broadband connection today so I supposed I should be grateful of that

Have a peaceful day everyone
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2012, 12:03 PM

Good morning everyone on this cold and wet Tuesday

We had a wonderful day in Devon yesterday, it was sunny and warm. We left home at 7.00am and met up with our daughter and family in Teignmouth where we spent a couple of hours and had a bracing walk along the seafront. From there we headed to Dawlish where Diamond Jubilee celebrations were taking place on the Green. Katie and Jamie had a great time joining in with the children's races and fun in general. We had a light lunch there and a wander to the seafront and generally felt very relaxed. We later drove the short distance to Dawlish Warren, had a pleasant walk through the Nature Reserve, then up over the dunes to the beach where the adults rested and Katie and Jamie paddled and played. Our day out culminated with a delicious steak meal in the Boathouse Restaurant overlooking the sea

We arrived home in time to catch the Jubilee Concert ...... what a wonderful Show, the mass of flag waving people stretching through the whole of the Mall was quite a sight.

It was such a shame that Prince Philip missed it ..... I do hope he feels better soon, he is such a great support to the Queen.

Enjoy your day!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top